Author Topic: Wanted copper head for 650 ac  (Read 1407 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nrg19uk

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 579
  • Karma: 1
Wanted copper head for 650 ac
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »
As per title anyone got a copper head gasket that I can purchase? Or know of where I can get one???

Anyone fitting a electric fuel pump you need a fuel regulator! I have managed to fill the cylinders full with fuel unknowingly then when I cranked it over, the petrol squirted out the bolts on the side of the head Doh!! 
Neil gargaro

smallcox

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 433
  • Karma: 4
Re: Wanted copper head for 650 ac
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »
Hi,

I may say YES to that. Most modern petrol pumps are for injection systems that run above 30 psi and more. Your carb would have trouble controlling anything above 6psi pressure, just like me "OH the pressure".

A regulator would be the way to go with any electric pump as presure will be better controlled and can be purchased from any good performance auto shop.

As for the head gasket, why copper? the standard gaskets are really no problems and unless you have over size bores, ie 80mm+ then steer clear off copper. Remember you cannot compress liquid so that gasket giving up may have saved your engine.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:00:56 PM by smallcox »
air cooled, gt15 garret turbo with intercooler, 14x9" wheels with 225/40/14 toyos, front arb and disc brakes

nrg19uk

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 579
  • Karma: 1
Re: Wanted copper head for 650 ac
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
I think the fuel pump I brought was 3.5 -4 I was advised from the shop I wouldn't need a regulator.

The gasket gave up where the gasket failure hole is  ??? I suppose it saved something being broke or bent.   


I thought by having a copper gasket it would be a bit more robust im gonna buy a refurbed carb aswell as a regulator and a full gasket set as the rubbers on the oil tubes had perished! There just over a year old

Neil gargaro