Author Topic: Happy End on ebay... warning!  (Read 11531 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »
Yes, if its 10 years or less will need an SVA test unless it has an EU certificate of conformity.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 07:03:56 PM »
I was also told that if the car is manufactured in a EU country it should be capable of passing a EU test, this car was manufactured just as Poland was joining the EU, but not registered until 2001, should be capable of passing the test anywhere in Europe, due to the cat fitted it wouldn't.
Older cars no problem.

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 07:42:14 PM »
One of the reasons for the 126s demise was the fact that it would never meet Western EU standards.... crashworthiness, noise etc etc all against it. Mind you, its sucessors the Cinq and Seicento were hardly crashworthy... seems the Poles are intent on putting their people in dodgy vehicles!

On a tangent, I wonder what the future holds for the old FSM plant, it currently makes the 600, Panda, 500 and the Ford Ka. Now, Fiat have announced the next Panda will be built in Italy and Ford have announced the next Ka will not be a joint venture and will be made by themselves. The 600 cant have much time left which leaves the 500... and if they survive the long awaited Lancia Ypsilon maybe? Having owned 126s, a Cinq, Seicento, new Panda and a new 500 I can say Im well versed in Polish built cars and they have served me well.... despite some dodgy build and quality issues. I think the factories quality control people are ex Leyland!!!
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
You're an odd one to figure out fiatfsm...you say alot against the 126.....but want to own one again??.... ::)

I won't be surprised if you upset the Polish comunity again with your 'Poles are intent on putting their people in dodgy vehicles' comment, ...........doesn't offend me as I'm not offendable :P .............Somehow I don't think Polish people like being called 'Pole' probably as it's used fairly often in criticism... I know as I've heard it, so probably has everyone, but if you insist...whatever :P.

I think that Poland until recently was a very poor country and the 126 let's face it sold more in Poland than any other country.
No doubt there were efforts to export it but nothing like what we see with the new 500 and accept that the 126 was cheap.
So cheap they probably cannot believe so many are still running. I guess getting from A to B was considered worth it and risks as my 35 years in Africa proved that no seat or seat belt is worth it, even if the 'seat' was on top of a bus with no lights or brakes!!! The market wanted cheap, and they got cheap.....the minimum safety and emissions etc to get through and only to the market intended. I have a '67 500 and know that the 500's were no better at staying rust free :oops: made in italy...

I try to remember the fact that it is a cheap car, dodgy build and quality = quirky, which makes-up for any of it's downfalls in quality and performance. Besides, the alternative is what? a boring grey german box with a computer? ....not for me [-/
Done that for 5 years , got the points to prove it!
From what I hear, Poland is now experiencing a boom in econimoc growth and no doubt wages and standards of living have got better thus maybe it becomes cheaper to make cars in other countries again so maybe FSM will be history :(

As for the Happy End, I'd like to see someone get one registered for as a club it would be great to have one to nose around  8)

'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 10:59:05 AM »
I would love to own one of those "Happy Ending" editions. In my opinion, it will be collectable due to its limited number. I might consider one if someone gets it legally UK registered and UK Mot'd etc. The car has to be in excellent condition with low mileage though.

bath126p

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 45
  • Karma: 0
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »
The beef with getting it registered (after April) is the cat test thing. Fit an older engine or buy a three way cat (lost of dosh though) and it's sorted. I dare say some MoT testers may turn a blind eye too...

That happy end looks great - I would love to own it. And let's face it, without the Polish 126p we wouldn't have so many spares or nearly as many 126s on the road.

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 03:15:38 PM »
if you fit an older engine then it removes it from being  "happy end" spec so any serious collector would not touch it you might as well stick a happy end sticker on an early car to achieve that. this car is the end of a production run that kept a nation mobile and provided its people with work and from what we have witnessed on you tube has been the first choice of many competitive drivers in poland. these happy ends belong tucked up in museums or in collections or they will end up rotten or broken up just as the trabant has. so what if the cat is no good many show cars never touch tarmac this could be just one of those. also i would like to say i love "poles" but just how they put up with those naked women dancing around them i dont know....as lech walesa would say "solidarnosc". [-/

Jan-in-UK

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 533
  • Karma: 5
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 10:14:52 PM »
First of all BIS13 you just made my day  [-/  [-/  [-/
Second: just want to assure all here I am not racist, I do respect England and English men. I was just against generalising.
Thats all, God save the Queen and let all of us live in peace with all these 126's among us.
Such a thing as Fiat 126p will never happen again to this planet... Love it.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Happy End on ebay... warning!
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »
I'll wait for 2011 or 2012. I am sure there will be another "Happy Ending" edition for sale. It would be good if the seller does all the work of getting the car registered and MoT'd before selling/advertising it.