Author Topic: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?  (Read 4682 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Hey all,
My rust has gotten to the point where the inner window frame on my rear window is disintegrating and water is leaking onto my parcel shelf.

I basically need to replace the whole bottom window frame section down to the engine bay the whole width of the window. I also need to replace the left and right lower corners of my front window frame down to the boot lid.







I dont like my chances of finding these bits with no rust at all, but thats what I'm hoping for. I dont think these parts are any different year to year, and Ill pay for postage from anywhere worldwide (most likely)

I'm not asking these parts for free, just let me know what you think theyre worth.

anyone got a rust free car (crashed or whatever) they dont mind cutting up for me?

thanks!
James
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:30:20 AM by phreak97 »
--
phreak97

Allan

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 226
  • Karma: 1
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:16:59 AM »
Greetings from NZ. You could try John Collins at JC Automotve in Auckland NZ. He is the NZ Bambina guru but also does 126 . I don't know what he has to help you but he is a nice guy and will do what he can. Email is [email protected] or phone no is 0061 9 6289725. Worth a try but most of ours will have rusted in the same places. Allan. ps how did you upload those photos? They have come through brilliantly, just the right size.

gsxr126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 405
  • Karma: 0
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »
Hi James,

I can help but my scrap cars are probably worse than yours. I can take photos if you like. Let me know.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:36:16 AM »
thanks for the replies:)
ill send john an email and see what he says.. Typically a workshop will charge alot for body parts though.
I resized the photos taken at 5 megapixels on my phone to 30% using mspaint then uploaded to photobucket.com.. Lol. Nothing fancy.

Gsxr126, if you could take photos that'd be great, but ive never seen an aussie car worth wrecking which wasnt gone in those places.

I just fixed the pictures too. I didnt realise I had one of them there twice.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:31:10 AM by phreak97 »
--
phreak97

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
I had very similar rust problems on my 500. I took the screens out, welded new plates in and filled with a metallic type filler.

It's a fairly easy job once the screens are out.

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 02:14:14 AM »
the front will be easy enough, it's the rear I'm worried about really.. there are alot of curves and angles around the window and engine cover.. I'm afraid anything I come up with will look very bad..
--
phreak97

Aaron

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 232
  • Karma: 0
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 05:48:42 AM »
Phreak,

If you're prepared to pay the postage, have you tried 126fan's e-shop?  He lists the windshield section here http://www.126fan.sk/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=215.  This will be for a LHD so you'd want to keep as much of your one as possble (for the wiper holes) and cut the required sections from the replacement panel.

I can't seem to see the bit for the bottom of the rear window(but i see one for just about every other panel in the 126), but if you contact Martin at 126fan, he'll probably be able to provide one.

Shipping costs will be the big killer.  Martin uses Slovak post (which from my experience is quite quick and reliable)which will keep the costs down but I'd still expect to have to pay about $60 - $80 in postage due to their size not weight.  You'll just need a Paypal account and pay the transfer fees to do buisness with him from Oz.

PS the 126 fan website seems a bit slow today for some reason.

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
holy crap that site is amazing, the prices are excellent:D
Thanks!!
--
phreak97

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 02:16:15 AM »
however, they tell me the rear panel is unobtainable..

back to looking for a second hand one again..

anyone?
--
phreak97

gsxr126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 405
  • Karma: 0
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
Hi Phreak,
You were right, my scrappers have all gone in those areas too. Not even worth taking a photo. Sorry mate.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

Aaron

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 232
  • Karma: 0
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 05:40:32 AM »
Bugger :( I'll be sure to keep flooding mine with rust preventative then very regulalrly.

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 05:29:47 AM »
theres a wrecker here which has some nikis, they say they can supply a panel with only a little bit of rust for AU$250.. that's alot more than I want to pay for something that isnt perfect..
surely someone out there has or knows of a wreck worth stealing bits from? anyone know of any crashed cars? as I said, location doesnt matter.
I'd even buy a whole car if it was local and not worth saving..
--
phreak97

gsxr126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 405
  • Karma: 0
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
Hey Phreak,

You're welcome to one of my scrappers if you like, but even the best one would be no use to you as they're all gone in those areas. I'll post some shots on the weekend.

Its funny, all the ones i have seen with the the underside tar sealed dont seem to rust in the body too badly. The ones with no sealing are always too far gone these days, even the road registered ones. I have only seen one with no sealing that was saveable, pity.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

phreak97

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 576
  • Karma: 2
  • Niki!
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
yeah If you can post pics anyway that'd be great:) I'm thinking I might be able to make my bottom corners out of some top corners.. I actually have some of those already. even if I can get the horizontal bit along the bottom with rust only at the ends that would help me.

I'll have a look at my car tomorrow and see if any of the other window frames could potentially be transplanted to the bad areas.
anyone got a recommendation for drainage holes? obviously the factory ones dont work..

you mean the sealing under the floor? I didnt know any came without that.. but I havent looked under too many of them.. only about four lol. mine has the tar under the floor but its obviously still rusted higher up.
--
phreak97

Aaron

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 232
  • Karma: 0
Re: WTB: Second hand body bits to fix my rust:( Anyone got a wreck?
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 05:02:21 AM »
Hey Phreak,

I sent you this in a PM also.

Did you ever get the rust sections for the rear window on your Niki?  If not I just noticed this while trawling around on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Traversa-posteriore-lunotto-FIAT-126-/370267496907?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item5635a9a1cb

Looks like what you were chasing, just that it's in Italian.....

Aaron