Author Topic: Suspension parts  (Read 3513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Suspension parts
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
I have a full set of front and rear suspension for a 126 Bis for sale the car they came off had only done 18500 miles from new
Front suspension includes drums,brakes, shock absorbers and top arm
Rear suspension includes drums,brakes,shock absorbers,trailing arms and drive coupling
Also included front leaf spring
They do have surface rust on them but would clean up

£50 collected from Halifax

Call me on 07788272298 or send a PM

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
Any offers before I scrap them

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »
I presume you've tried offering them on the usual sites - eBay, Gumtree, RetroRides etc?

Still no takers?  :o

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:49:56 PM »
I will give ebay a try,thought someone on here might have been interested

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 04:19:16 PM »
Seems criminal to bin genuine parts at such low mileage, especially with Gadge reminding us of the sad fate of otherwise perfectly good cars being lost to ill-fated engine swaps and body chops...

Does any potential buyer hesitate because of the location, I wonder? You're in Yorkshire, others can be several hundred miles away, and large parts don't ship for free.

In the Reliant Scimitar club, we have what is called Scimaritans, an informal section within the forum whereby anyone going on a fairly long journey is prepared to detour to pick up and deliver bulky items on behalf of other members. As well as delivering the parts you also get to meet members in other parts of the country. In another capacity, when I used to travel regularly back and forth to the Glasgow area, I once picked up a set of alloys for an Aston Martin from a chap in Derbyshire and delivered them to the new owner in Glasgow, and he gave me a very acceptable bottle of my favourite single malt in appreciation.

I'm in Sussex now, but I regularly travel to the west Midlands and Essex, and occasionally to York and Edinburgh. If you don't mind waiting until my next trip, I'm happy to carry bulky bits for not too unreasonable detours.

How do others feel about having a section in the forum where these arrangements might be advertised? Or has this suggestion been made before and not been successful?

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 05:57:17 PM »
Retro rides has what they call a Pony Express section where people do exactly as you suggest

I travel quite a lot mainly to Airports around the UK so could deliver or meet up with people


Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »
Right on there mate , I was just thinking the same ting the other day. With a little cooperation and communication you can achieve a lot plus save a lot of cash at the same time on shipping and of course it works both ways. As a car enthusiast for over 40 years but not a trader I have sourced and shipped parts all around the world. Some people will take the p*ss when you help them whilst I think that the appreciation you get from others makes it all worthwhile. I read this thread while making my supper then when I peeled my boiled egg I could see what it thought of scrapping original parts



Nothing against Dad to be sure but I am amazed that he is offering these parts at a song and nobody has gone for it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

curro

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
I was at his today and would have had them if I'd known!
Mike, I'll call you tomorrow and sort a day to pick them up, consider them sold if know one beats me to it
Dave
Mike pm sent

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 06:35:50 AM »
Wish I had known Dave you could have taken them with you, anyway they are yours
Quote
Nothing against Dad to be sure but I am amazed that he is offering these parts at a song and nobody has gone for it.


My thoughts exactly

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
Glad it tuned out fruitful , were you egged on?




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dadandlad

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: Halifax West Yorkshire UK
Re: Suspension parts
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 12:05:29 AM »
 :) Old ones are the best ones  :)