Author Topic: Paint Code Query  (Read 1887 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

charliebrown

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: 1
  • Location: Bodmin
Paint Code Query
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
Well Charlie Brown is having some minor paint blemishes sorted  ;D and I can't wait to get him back.  He has been in the garage for 12 months due to us relocating to Cornwall from Lincolnshire!

However, before I drive him the 350 miles south west he is being treated.

The only problem is the garage is struggling with the paint code :o

I was wondering if anyone knows what the colour code was/is for a 126 Brown?

I have pointed them in direction of the label, but the computer said NO >:(

Any help gratefully accepted!



Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Paint Code Query
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:51:47 PM »
If you are talking about the paint code label on the underside of the bonnet lid my code for my green 126 is 331F verde salvia. I walked into Halfords and they made me a match straight away  :)
So good luck.

stevegibb

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Karma: 3
Re: Paint Code Query
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
hi there i had a 83 brown for some years from memory i think the number was 456f marrone i know it was a problem to get the right colour as there was 4 differant fiat shades soi think you will have to be matched hope some help

charliebrown

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: 1
  • Location: Bodmin
Re: Paint Code Query
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:01:55 AM »
Thanks folks - that is really helpful.  Hopefully the garage will make some progress next week.

I'll keep you updated!  It's not really a restoration juts a few minor tweaks!  Can't wait to drive him again esp with this sunshine and his sun roof ;D

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: Paint Code Query
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
If you are just after a touch up aerosol, some automotive paint shops will ask for a paint sample so that they can do a colour match. I took the petrol filler flap/cover (polished) and the match was excellent.