Author Topic: Rear brake shoe fitment  (Read 1608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lmsrob

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Rear brake shoe fitment
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »
Hi, I have a 1980 126 trike, I am replacing brake shoes, cylinders and springs. The cylinders fit perfectly but the shoes will not sit correctly on the self adjuster pins.
The problem is that the adjusters stand too proud and foul on the hub flange! I don't want to resort to my chinese laundry screwdriver and whack em in fear of braking something!
I have measured the diameter of the pins at 9.78mm and the inner diameter of the adjusters is 9.45mm so not exactly a good match. Any tips or suggestions most welcome. Cheers, Rob

lmsrob

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Re: Rear brake shoe fitment
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:36:14 PM »
Panic over. Realised I have bought early brake shoes. Dooh!