Author Topic: Adrian Flux Quote £259  (Read 3416 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

danthemanic

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: 0
  • 1987 Polski A/C
  • Location: Admaston, Shropshire
Adrian Flux Quote £259
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
Hey,

I'm a bit disappointed with this quote; 1985, 650, to be insured on the VIN, LHD.

I'm 31 with a clean license and 7 years no claims on my daily runner.  3000 miles pa, garaged.

Can anyone recommend another firm?

Cheers
Follow me on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dan126p/

thepuddlejumper

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 685
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: Scotland
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
Try Haggerty, I'm 93 for a modified (all modifications declaimed) Gamine but only 1000 miles.
Ralph

Pete126

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3369
  • Karma: 35
  • Location: West Yorkshire
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
You can try Lancaster and  Footmanjames, did you tell them it was a classic car policy you wanted? 
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

laners99

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 70
  • Karma: 0
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
Wow, thats too high!! Im with adrian flux and was £450 for me at 21 not using any NCB. Was insured on vin for a 1999 car.   The other insurer who seemed reasonable for me at least was Diamond for only slightly more.

danthemanic

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: 0
  • 1987 Polski A/C
  • Location: Admaston, Shropshire
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 08:47:37 PM »
Thanks guys.  I told them it was for a classic car policy.

I'll report back in the week.
Follow me on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dan126p/

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:49:42 PM »
Another one to try is RH Hoskins
http://www.rhclassicinsurance.co.uk/
They were always very competitive when I had my 500.

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 11:23:44 PM »
RH Hoskin is part of Equity Red Star, and Adrian Flux very often offers their policies, at of course the same price.

Here's my annual list:

Adrian Flux
Footman James
Graham Sykes
LV Highway (trading as 2Gether)
RH Hoskins
Peter James
Heritage (same as Norton)
Classic Line
Insurance Choice

I used to also call Sureterm but don't bother now as they are invariably uncompetitive.

In October 2014 my quotes varied from £88 up to £149, so wide variation, and very open to haggling as the classic market is hotting up and insurers are scrabbling for business. Also they seem to have quite weird criteria.

For example, I wasn't sure when my CC Zero was first built. The base Fiat 126 was known of course, but when was it actually converted into the kit car it is today? So I was quoted £149. When I found the conversion date was 2003 and I phoned back, they reduced the premium to £105. Now quite why the date of conversion makes a difference to the insurance risk is beyond me, but there you go.

One firm refused to quote at all unless I could tell them the conversion year, even though the registration and V5 and so on are all based on the original donor car.

The previous year I'd been with Adrian Flux, and as usual their 2nd year renewal offer was having a laugh, so I didn't bother getting a quote. When I'd got my best price elsewhere I phone AF to stop the automatic renewal, and cancel the last policy. At that point they dropped their offer to only £65...

Now in my book, I get pissed off when firms try to take the piss. If you don't offer me your best price up front, don't expect to get my business later by crawling back with a lower offer. So, Adrian Flux, if you're reading this, learn to treat your customers with a bit more respect.

Regrettably it is the case in classic insurance as in standard motor, household and all other types that firms offer below-cost prices to secure your business, then try to recoup their loss by jacking up the premium disproportionately in subsequent years. If you want to get the best price every year, then you have no option but to shop around every year.

In my case, it takes about 3 hours to phone all of the firms I have listed. Typically I reckon to save at least £30 over my renewal price as a result. That effectively values my time at £10/hour, which is a fair exchange in my view.



Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 07:55:28 AM »
I'm with Lancaster. I've got a classic car policy so no NCB. I'm 35 and with all mods declared I'm paying around £190. Admittedly I refused the breakdown cover and the courtesy car so its a basic package but not a bad one IMO :)
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 11:24:58 PM »
Oh yes, I forgot Lancaster. In fact I have a policy with them! but it's on a 'straight' classic, whereas the CC Zero is a kit car, and I generally don't like to have more than one car with the same insurer.

danthemanic

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: 0
  • 1987 Polski A/C
  • Location: Admaston, Shropshire
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »
Result!

£76.99 with Footman James.  I couldn't believe it. :D

That included the missus as an extra driver as well.
Follow me on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dan126p/

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Adrian Flux Quote £259
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »
Excellent :D it pays to shop around
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D