Author Topic: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover  (Read 2909 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone might have some spare fabric washers for the rocker cover lying around? I think the leather ones I made up might of failed but I really don't want to be paying extortionate ricambio postage prices for something so small! :).
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
I had the same problem and ended up using rubber washers. Dead cheap but they only really last a year but if you buy a pack of them then you should have anough to last :)
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Bambino126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 364
  • Karma: 3
  • Location: Staines UK

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »
The last "fibre" washers I bought elsewhere were solid plastic things that weren't at all suitable lol.
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:57:05 PM »
You have just reminded me that I always seem to be short of these and raid new gasket sets for these red fibre washers. So had a look on ebay and just ordered 50 for about £3. M8 and I think it said 16.9 O/D and 1.6 thick. If you go for the cheaper ones they are so thin and small O/D they are about as good as a piece of string . You want to get a good seal without over tightening the nuts as that will wreck the rocker cover and in extreme cases foul the rockers so the engine will not run  >:(

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 10:47:10 PM »
Yes... I think mine were from ebay... but they were solid plastic things when they arrived :S. lol. Maybe I should of claimed my money back :D.
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »
So has anyone got some they perhaps dont mind sending for the cost of the stamp? :). Woud like some for Autoitalia on the 28th :)
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

sunriser81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Karma: 2
Re: Fabric Washers for Rocker Cover
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
i have got them cheap.