Author Topic: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts  (Read 3787 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nathanrobo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »
Guys

I ran a parts business for 500's / 126's for a few years but closed down some time ago, to get involved in something else.

I have a few parts (engine parts, body parts, bearings, brakes etc.).  I have about 12 engines that I had stripped down and taken to the engineering shop, these had been set aside for tuning (I built a number of 650 / 750 engines circa 40 - 50 hp).  The engineering firm that I use have a reputation built up over 37 years, they are right in the middle of Motorsport country and do work for the likes of Cosworth.  I've asked him to prep the heads (Skim, Port, gas flow drill and press in hardened valve seats), balance cranks with flywheels, pistons, rods, pulley, clutch etc (we researched / experimented to achieve a great balance factor).  Over the next few months I was planning to build the engines in my spare time, but components as above are available.

Pics below show projects completed in the past and the quality of work carried at the engineering shop


























If any of this could be of interest, please feel free to contact me (07702 118910)
 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:34:47 PM by nathanrobo »

Dom.kelltt

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 132
  • Karma: 0
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 08:45:33 PM »
So what exactly do you have to offer? Sorry, I'm a bit slow lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:22:13 PM »
Nathan was really helpful when I needed some parts for MOT and sad to see him moving on but wish you the best in future endeavors. At a similar stage myself and needing to wind one idea up and move on with something else.
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

nathanrobo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:59:37 PM »
So what exactly do you have to offer? Sorry, I'm a bit slow lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sorry if it was a bit vague, but I have engine parts that are in the process of being machined ready to build tuned engines, panels - front panel, lH wing, rear wheel arch repair panels both sides, a pair of rebuilt steering knuckles, cables, wheel bearings, brake master cylinders, brake shoes, clutches and a few other parts. 

I also have a bunch of 500 parts including panels. 

Dom.kelltt

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 132
  • Karma: 0
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:05:45 AM »
Oh right, perfect! I hope you be buying some parts from you soon, once I get my act together And start the engine resto :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mics126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
  • Karma: 3
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
realy good looking engines. how much are they (£).

nathanrobo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 11:54:58 PM »
realy good looking engines. how much are they (£).

They're really bespoke... So the price always depends on the spec:  For example the Abarth aluminium valve cover and sump are about £200 over the base engine (£900), but the bill I get from the engineers for gas flow drilling, porting the head - skimmed, pressed in hardened valve seats, polished and balanced crank, would be around £950 ish, if you go to this extent then you'd want a warm cam (probably steel) which would be around £235, a jetted carb would be around £130, stainless steel exhaust could be between £250 - £375 depending on design and bore.  I renew almost all engine parts including main bearings, BEB's Oil pump, timing chain and case, valves, valve springs, cam followers, manifolds, clutch and pressure plate as standard.  So my engines were always more than just a rebuild.

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 08:21:38 AM »
Do you have fiat 500 flywheel? Any sport clutches?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »
Also looking for refurbed steering box. RHD.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

nathanrobo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 08:01:30 PM »
Do you have fiat 500 flywheel? Any sport clutches?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Hi I will have a 500 flywheel, but only standard clutches.

Best regards

Nathan

sunriser81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Karma: 2
Re: Closed down - 500 / 126 parts
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
Hi Nathan
This is Sad that You are leaving Fiat engines Business.. I had a number of customers they know You, They always had good things to say about you, I hope that will be an opportunity to meet once more sometimes. Good Luck mate!

Lucas