Author Topic: Lowering bis!  (Read 3453 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

f40fanatic

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 131
  • Karma: 0
Lowering bis!
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »
I know its been asked before, but whats the best way to get my bis on the floor, im talking about getting it as low as possible! I know chop the springs on the back but not too sure on the front, any help will be appreciated!
Dave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuey

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1409
  • Karma: 14
  • Location: kings lynn
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »
De cambered, lowered front spring with a leaf removed, chop down the alloy spring isolator blocks and the rubber mountings, 500 rear shocks and camber mod top arms for starters.
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:54:20 PM »
I found with mine that the most dramatic mods I made were when I fitted the air cooled rear shocks to a flipped reverse eye leaf spring. The wheel just disappeared up into the arch and created some serious neg camber. I personally hated it and it drove awfully so fitted the standard shocks back on but kept the flipped leaf so it sits about 45mm lower than standard. If I ever had to lower one again though I'ld deffinatley NOT buy the reverse eye spring as for the money it made very little difference.
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

sunriser81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Karma: 2
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 09:36:45 AM »
Hi this is what i find in racing Fiats 126 cars and used in my 126.
complete Flat leaf with one extra leaf (total 6 leafs), new rear shocks from aircooled model, and 4x10mm spacers before wishbone to reduce negative camber.
This is used daily in my car and can confirm that drives amazing great handling. Bump stops are not best idea but on flat road very nice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:08:16 PM by sunriser81 »

fly

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • Karma: 1
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »
Flip it!

As Gadge said, reverse eye was a waste of time in my opinion.  My spring has been flattened and running rear shocks.  Standard shocks were completely bottomed out so thy were doing exactly nothing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:12:57 PM by fly »

fly

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • Karma: 1
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »
sunriser81, what's that about the wishbone spacers?...sounds like a trick I've missed out on!

sunriser81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Karma: 2
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »
Hi sorry just mistake this should be in total 6 leafs.
Standart spring has 5 so need to add one extra so less camber, also spacers 10mm will reduce camber so your wheels will be straight.
When you remove front complete wishbone (2 bolts)  there are some tiny washers for set wheel angle, so you can add all the same spacers (10mm or more) to remove camber.
Hope this help.

fly

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • Karma: 1
Re: Lowering bis!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »
Just what I was after, thank you Sunriser!