Author Topic: Wanting a 126...  (Read 4653 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dombooth

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 95
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Sheffield
Wanting a 126...
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »
Hi all,

First post so be gentle.

A few of you may know me from FiatForum.

After driving Gadge's 126 at Mitcar this year, I NEED one in my life!!!

I want one I can spend a bit of time restoring, basic engine knowledge but happy to learn as I go along.

Maximum about £650.

Thanks,
Dom
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:52:17 PM by dombooth »

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
Good fun aren't they. Very basic cars so should suit your skill level. £650 isn't going to be a good one unless you are very lucky. Try to avoid the FL or ELX as they weren't made as well.

Good luck

Marc

dombooth

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 95
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 03:18:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Good fun aren't they. Very basic cars so should suit your skill level. £650 isn't going to be a good one unless you are very lucky. Try to avoid the FL or ELX as they weren't made as well.

Good luck

Marc

Cheers Marc,

I'm looking forward to getting one. :)

Dom

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 07:44:54 AM »
Hi all,

First post so be gentle.

A few of you may know me from FiatForum.

After driving Gadge's 126 at Mitcar this year, I NEED one in my life!!!

I want one I can spend a bit of time restoring, basic engine knowledge but happy to learn as I go along.

Maximum about £650.

Thanks,
Dom

Welcome onboard Dom :D £650 probably won't get you an air cooled one but will get you a water cooler like mine - may well be road worthy but wI'll probably need cosmetic work. Keep an eye on the classifieds as a few pop up on there. Just keep looking! :D
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

dombooth

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 95
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »
Hi all,

First post so be gentle.

A few of you may know me from FiatForum.

After driving Gadge's 126 at Mitcar this year, I NEED one in my life!!!

I want one I can spend a bit of time restoring, basic engine knowledge but happy to learn as I go along.

Maximum about £650.

Thanks,
Dom

Welcome onboard Dom :D £650 probably won't get you an air cooled one but will get you a water cooler like mine - may well be road worthy but wI'll probably need cosmetic work. Keep an eye on the classifieds as a few pop up on there. Just keep looking! :D

I'm happy with whatever. :D

Dom

dom.kellett

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
  • Karma: 0
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »
Just keep looking though, I ended up picking mine up for £450 and it was in very good nick to be honest, hope to see you with one soon though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dombooth

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 95
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »
Well...

That didn't take long!!

Picked it up yesterday, I'll start a thread later. :)

Dom

Henmiester

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 93
  • Karma: 0
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »
Well done. You wont regret it no matter how much the little thing niggles you. Post some pics when you can. Simon.

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:07:10 PM »
Well...

That didn't take long!!

Picked it up yesterday, I'll start a thread later. :)

Dom

Welcome aboard Dom :D it's all fun from here on :P
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

judson-126

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Karma: 0
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
Start that thread 8)

dombooth

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 95
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 12:54:46 AM »
I aim to get it up some time this morning. :)

Dom

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »
Hi. I will have one for sale soon. It's is a LHD 1997 elx. It will have a 12m mot and would have had a lot of welding completed. It won't be £650 but not far off I think. I'm in devon. Interested?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dombooth

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 95
  • Karma: 0
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: Wanting a 126...
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »
Hi. I will have one for sale soon. It's is a LHD 1997 elx. It will have a 12m mot and would have had a lot of welding completed. It won't be £650 but not far off I think. I'm in devon. Interested?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one thanks. :)

Dom