Author Topic: Clear rear lenses  (Read 4624 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Clear rear lenses
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:25:29 AM »
Hi

I'm looking for a set of clear rear lenses. Anyone have some before I get ordering from Poland?

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »
 I heard you can`t buy these anymore, so if you find some for sale let us know.
 The rumour is that the ones made were all made illegally and they only took the colouring out of the plastic at the factory and they weren`t approved. The government found out and they were all burnt.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
Bought these from Germany two weeks ago :)

:$
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
Yeah I saw those M3 Style ones, they look great too and are my second option. There are lots of clear lenses on allegro.pl I just can't speak Polish!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mics126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
  • Karma: 3
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 06:33:37 PM »
Most clear leneses are illigal. I only realy know this because soeone i work with has a mk3 escort rs turbo and he wanted to put clear lenses on his car but he found out that you can only use them for show use.

But they do look good on most cars. 8)

Mike

Gadge

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1353
  • Karma: 15
  • Location: Warwickshire
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 10:27:21 PM »
Why would clear lenses be illegal? Clear lenses are everywhere. So long as the bulb emits the right colour then all should be well :)
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »
My yellow cinquecento lenses pass mots no worries, I have clear LEDs too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mics126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
  • Karma: 3
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »
I can't remember the in and out of it but i know that hey definately are on the mk3 escorts for some reason. i get what your all saying when you say that as long as the colour is correct hen that should be fine for the mots ect.

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 09:42:04 AM »
They have to be "E" approved to be legal and that's why they are sold as show lights, I'm guessing if you're involved in an accident you could have problems etc, you also need to have red reflectors fitted too. I've ran my yellow lights for many years with no issues but I'm guessing it's my risk! Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baron_matt

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:20:01 AM »
I have a pair of these that I took off our car as we wanted a more classic look.

if you want a pair PM me.

Cheers

Matt

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
Sending pm!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAL SPL

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 231
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »
Most clear lenses are illegal because they don't have the red reflective part built in for night time use so car can be seen if no tail lights are on.
Aus's cleanest Niki !

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
I have got a pair that I will not be using. They are totally clear apart from the required red reflector section  :)

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Clear rear lenses
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
Set found
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathanfiddes

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
  • Karma: 0
Re: Clear rear lenses
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
They look great!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk