Author Topic: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!  (Read 3209 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andyzeetec

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 533
  • Karma: 5
  • 126 BIS
  • Location: East Sussex, Uk

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »
 
 Seems there is some strange bidding going on. The reserve is set at £5500 as someone already found out as there was a bid retraction.

 It was advertised on eBay couple of weeks ago with a BIN price of £3500 if I remember correctly. If it was an AC I would have pressed the button myself ;D

 Looks like a nice car though and I can imagine it will end up in a car collection or a  museum somewhere.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

baron_matt

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 0
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
I expect the engine will be knackered then, all furred up inside and full of rusty scale because I expect no one has every changed the antifreeze.

I'd be giving it a body swerve then, as I'd rather have a car that is maintained and in use.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »
It's brilliant that there is such a low mileage Fiat 126 and I would love to have it but low mileage cars are a real dilemma. Do you drive them or do you just store them? My DeVille had 8249 on it when I bought it but it's such fun to drive that I've rocketed to 13,084 miles in just a couple of years.

Even so, great to see a £5k+ sale! The risk is that the successful bidder won't pay up and it will get relisted...
Every cloud has one...

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »
A lot of money for a boiler! For that price i'd rather have the green 900 camper on eBay!

Having said that, this is probably the best bis in existence!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »
Back up for sale with a different seller - very strange.  ???
Every cloud has one...

RicePuddin

  • Guest
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »
You get a brand new car that will only go up in value. It's the poor mans McLaren or Veron.

andyzeetec

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 533
  • Karma: 5
  • 126 BIS
  • Location: East Sussex, Uk

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: check this out..MUSEUM CONDITION 126, 235miles on the clock!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »
I still think it needs to be rehomed in the BV Fiat 126 museum. :-P


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP