Author Topic: Another unfinished 126 bike project....  (Read 4093 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


kev126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 473
  • Karma: 6
  • Built not bought
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
That one has been re-listed so many times I lost count!
1989 Fiat 126 BIS

DeVilleChris

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1217
  • Karma: 7
    • Club 126 UK
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
ive seen this so many times!!
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

wsmitwil

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: South Shropshire
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »
That's the guy that I got the parts for my car of, really nice

I haven't seen the car but what he's told me about it sounds like its a bit ::)

The bike engine is only powering one of the back wheels  ???


fiats forever

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:41:44 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-POWERED-BY-A-FIREBLADE-bike-ENGINE-/171500263537?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ee365871

Here it is again... I'm wondering whats happening... I'm sure I have a feeling it was much cheaper than this at some point to...

I'm kind of tempted though but the fact it has never been finished seems a little strange! Has the body been cut up?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:10:44 PM by poxxxy »
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

andyzeetec

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 533
  • Karma: 5
  • 126 BIS
  • Location: East Sussex, Uk
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 12:44:21 PM »
yea, strange why he doesnt complete the outstanding 10%, it could sell much easier.

Interesting reading on the white board on the background of picture 6


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-POWERED-BY-A-FIREBLADE-bike-ENGINE-/171500263537?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ee365871

Here it is again... I'm wondering whats happening... I'm sure I have a feeling it was much cheaper than this at some point to...

I'm kind of tempted though but the fact it has never been finished seems a little strange! Has the body been cut up?

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »
 I think the last time I`ve seen this advertised it was around £1500. Doesn`t sell, just put the price up, makes sense :-?
 Looks like the floor has been cut behind the rear seats. Does it mean it needs an IVA test?
 Now you pointed out the white board I had a read. Interesting... ;D
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: Another unfinished 126 bike project....
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »
Yes looks like the rear seat floor has been cut out to mount the engine somehow... so i'd say it probably needs a test which is a shame :(. Also the crude single axle with no LSD could have been done better.

Other than that it looks a good base... but that test must be impossible to get through :D.
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90