Author Topic: Window Drain Plugs  (Read 2809 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Window Drain Plugs
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find some window drain plugs for front and rear for an air cooled 126?

New would be great but used is also fine?

Once I've got these my restoration is complete and I'll be back on the road!
Every cloud has one...

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »
Any luck with this part?  I've googled the world and I'm really struggling...

If anyone has a car they are breaking it's a very nondescript tiny plastic part that's underneath the glass in the window frames.  It doesn't have to be mint...anything considered as this is the last bit of my restoration jigsaw before I can get my DeVille back on the road!   ;D
Every cloud has one...

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
Big thanks to Ladislav and Chris DeVille for helping me out with these bits!  :good:

My DeVille restoration should be complete MoT and all in the next 10 days so that's fantastic!  ;D

If anyone else comes across this part please let me know as I'm likely to need them for a 1973 car I'm planning to restore later this year once I've sold some more headlamps to help raise the cash to do so!

 ;D ;D ;D
Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
New RHD headlamps?

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
New, unused, Carello headlamps with side repeater to fit Fiat 126 RHD cars.

I've got a stock, would prefer to sell on here rather than e
Every cloud has one...

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »
New, unused, Carello headlamps with side repeater to fit Fiat 126 RHD cars.

I've got a stock, would prefer to sell on here rather than eBay, at what I think is a bargain price:

Free postage and packing.

1 for £45   :o
2 for £80    :o
4 for £120  :o

Sold 16 so far...every penny is going towards my next restoration so all for a good cause!

PM me if interested, payment by PayPal or cheque accepted.

 ;D
Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »
Pm'd.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »
Thanks, Angelo, I've sent you a PM back.   ;D
Every cloud has one...

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
Re the window drain plugs would it be possible to have a metal pipe welded in instead of the plastic slide in original as the water tends to seep under the plastic and that's where the rot starts? and price wise that's a fair deal for the headlights i shall see how my mot goes maybe i might be contributing to your resto funds before long!
 

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Window Drain Plugs
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »
Thanks, bis13, I've got lucky thanks to Ladislav and Chris so managed to get the bits for my DeVille but will bear it in mind for my next restoration which might be starting sooner rather than later as I got a call late tonight confirming it was all don and through the MoT so I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

I'd be very happy to save you some lights so just let me know when you're ready and I'll knock you a £tenner off if you throw in some of your legendary barbeque sausages!   ;D ;D ;D
Every cloud has one...