Author Topic: Wanted RHD headlight  (Read 2942 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steveeverson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: 0
Wanted RHD headlight
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:45:33 PM »
Hi there,
wondered if anyone had a headlight for a RHD 126 as one of mine is pretty rusty and needs replacing.
cheers
Steve
07769 700920

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:23:07 PM »
Hi Steve...I've got a RHD one that I think will fit a 126 but I'm not absolutely sure as it does not have the extra bit for the side indicators...if you PM me your e-mail address I'll send you some pictures and let you decide...yours for £10 including postage...but no returns (!!)   ;D
Every cloud has one...

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
Hi there,
wondered if anyone had a headlight for a RHD 126 as one of mine is pretty rusty and needs replacing.
cheers
Steve
07769 700920

Most buy LHD lights and very carefully remove the lenses. RHD are like rocking horse sh*t to find.


Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »
I've taken some pictures and will e-mail across shortly, feel free to post on here (I don't know how to) and let the experts comment as I'm not 100% sure it's the correct part....it looks exactly the same on the front and has the same numbers and is a CARELLO light as well...but on the back it does not have the extra hole for the side lights (and also has a couple of the plastic screws missing (which apparently are easy enough to buy).

No sweat either way, sometimes when I'm bored and it's raining outside I shine my torch through it , get my spare steering wheel out and pretend I'm driving one of my cars...so I can always find a use for it if you decide not to buy!

 ;D


Every cloud has one...

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
I think that is a 127 headlight, they had sidelights on the bumper.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:03:58 PM »
Oh no...is it possible to transfer any of the parts across to a 126 light?  Seems a shame to waste it...

Will drop the price to £5 if it is (which is roughly the cost of postage).   :(
Every cloud has one...

Lloyd74

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
  • Karma: 7
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »
like pete says and as many others have done, buy lhd and remove the backs and put your lenses in!
That's what I did!

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Wanted RHD headlight
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
Oh no...is it possible to transfer any of the parts across to a 126 light?  Seems a shame to waste it...

Will drop the price to £5 if it is (which is roughly the cost of postage).   :(

The lens is brilliant!!! I have considered changing my indicators to indicators and sidelights, the 127 lights would work then.

Marc