Author Topic: LHD POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54  (Read 1791 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
LHD POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:30:59 AM »
LHD BLUE POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54

At first glance this car is very presentable, very clean with only a couple of minor scratches. The engine runs really well and it is clean both inside and out.

However underneath is a different story. The passenger side (our offside) has been badly repaired in the floor pan. You can pick away at the floorpan, and it has been filled with foam filler, then overpainted with black paint to disguise it. This would not pass a British MOT, and an unsuspecting person may buy this car in good faith based upon how it is presented.

Overall a nice car which could be good if the floor pan was replaced with the correct panel and welded properley. But when you are looking at this car at 22:10 hours in the dark, it does make you wonder what else has been bodged that we hadn't spotted. (I say we, I mean my trusty sidekick!)

People may not like these bad reviews, but if a club member has looked over a car and walked away I think it is only fair to let others know why. That way people can make a more informed decision about what they are buying.

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: LHD POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:01:24 AM »
As I said before a Polish MOT means nothing at all. They are so, so easy to 'arrange'.

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: LHD POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »

People may not like these bad reviews, but if a club member has looked over a car and walked away I think it is only fair to let others know why. That way people can make a more informed decision about what they are buying.

Tom

[/quote]

Definitely.
I would never buy a car with a non British MOT, it just makes me very suspicious as to why it hasn't already been done. It's the same as people selling a car with a months MOT on it, it's saying quite blatantly that the seller has no confidence in the cars ability to pass an mot.
Even British MOT's can be arranged, I bought a VW Passat estate in 2006, it was £200 on ebay, 12 months MOT. It had a massive black cloud following it everywhere, a hole with moss in the headlight, and something very wrong with the steering/front suspension (the steering would jam if you hit a lump on a fairly tight lock). I still bought it, needed something to run on veg oil and serve as a rudimentary camper at the time. I received a phone call from the guy I bought it from a couple of days later, he asked if there was some paperwork left under the seat, there was. It was his mot tester certification!!!

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: LHD POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »
Quote

 received a phone call from the guy I bought it from a couple of days later, he asked if there was some paperwork left under the seat, there was. It was his mot tester certification!!!

 :$ outrageous. There always used to be a telephone number on the back of an MOT certificate you could ring the ministry on if you thought a vehicle should not have an mot that clearly has been given one. Although I doubt many people have actually done it.

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: LHD POLISH FIAT 126 - RST EK54
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »
I really wasn't that bothered at the time, a cheap car was needed.