Author Topic: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May  (Read 6587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »
Anyone going? Hoping to make it, despite the 4 hour + journey! Will be going in the Abarth 500 with the Scorpion Club but would love to meet some of you and your cars!

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:36 AM »
Hopefully, although it wont be in the 126! Surprise surprise!  :$

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »
 We should be there and hopefully in a 126, or the CCZero, or might even be both.
 Got to get the 126 MOT-ed next week, fingers crossed.

 Tom you never know, you might just get lucky ;D
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Lina

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 264
  • Karma: -1
    • Facebook profile
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
Despite hoping to make this, it's now highly improbable I'm going to make it this year - the little car is misbehaving and every spare second is going to be spent working on it getting ready for Slovakia (8.5 weeks away!!!)

But wow, can't believe it's been a whole  year since I was on fire the day before Auto Italia and then getting a police escort through Dartford tunnel on the way back home!!!  Such fun! :-D
Lina - as in Lyna - as in dustbin liner, eye liner, ocean going... etc!

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »
I have got this one marked on my calender and as far as Auto Italia events go I think that this is the big one as apart from the cars that get more exotic depending upon the weather you have the other attractions on the historic Brooklands site so if you have never been before there is a lot to see.
Lina having met you a few times I reckon that you are always on fire  ;D
Did you sort out that distributor ? Have you got any other probs & can we help ?
I would love to do that trip but I would have to take a bit more time so would overlap with my next New Zealand trip but I am sure it will be a great adventure  :)
Have you thought about making it a bit of a charity run ? I would be up for sponsering you if you had a favourite charity/charities & I am sure that some of the other guys & gals from the forum would support a good cause.
How about it ?

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 06:49:15 PM »
Hopefully see some of you there. Maybe we should just take photos of our cars then!  ???

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »
I am definitely going to this event, that is, depending on the weather. I might be going there with the Alfa Romeo club, so not taking the 126 - not sure. I will, however, definitely take my 126 to RR and Stanford Hall.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:05:31 PM by Amateb8 »

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 10:49:58 PM »
This is Brooklands! Next weekend!

Lina

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 264
  • Karma: -1
    • Facebook profile
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »
Rusty, finally got the distributor in last weekend THANKYOU!! :-D

Although I've set it up manually and am still waiting for proper timing with light to be done, it's obvious that unfortunately it didn't solve the issue  >:( >:( >:(

Plumbing in the electronic fuel pump this weekend, hoping that will do the trick.  

Basically, it's dying when hot and running very grumbly at tickover, which eventually just worsens until it stops.  When up to temperature, it won't even start.  The only thing I can see that's different is that the plastic fuel filter is not filling up to the same level as it used to, hence the fuel pump replacement.  So far, I've taken out the electronic ignition, replaced the distributor, put electronic ignition back in, had the carb stripped down and properly cleaned out and intend to fiddle more with the idle mixture screw, cleaned all the fuel filters along the line, replaced the coil, tested the thermostat although not officially in hot water, may do that tomorrow...  It is officially P*SSING ME OFF now, must admit!

Haven't been able to use it as my daily for months and the last time it was used was heading up a funeral procession in early Feb (short journey!).

As for the charity idea, I really like that, will put that idea over on the Slovakia thread once I pick a charity.  Thanks for that!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:39:12 PM by Lina »
Lina - as in Lyna - as in dustbin liner, eye liner, ocean going... etc!

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »
I might take the 126. My Alfa GTV for some reason refuses to idle. It starts on the button, but will not idle. The engine dies as soon as I take my foot of the accelerator.

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »
Good old Italian reliability hey! Hopefully my Abarth wont let me down. Even though its only 4 years old, it still reminds me its a Fiat from time to time!

markymarc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 571
  • Karma: 0
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 05:31:36 PM »
Hot rod 126 not ready but blue sporting Grande punto (for sale) & grey abarth 500 goin on the Fiat Forum stand.
Say hello, wave goodbye (Mmm song I know)

Marc

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »
So Marc, will that be another trip up the banking then  :o

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
 The 126 failed the MOT this afternoon, but only on some silly bits like lights and a wiper blade. Doing a re test tomorrow morning, so should be at Brooklands in the 126 if all goes well. Fingers crossed.
 
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Auto Italia, Saturday 4th May
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Eventualy got there after running late . Dropped the other half off in Epsom then thought I would use the sat nav to take me the 9 miles or so on minor roads. Big mistake as my fat fingers seemed to set the sat nav language to Latin or something  :o
Long storey but the short trip took over 1.5 hours & I lost count of how many times I crossed the River Thames.
When I got ther the good old Fiat Forum guys saved me with a pork pie & a cup of tea as I was at a low ebb . I parked up near to the only other 126 there which I thought was Bar Vitteli's green one as from a distance it was a dead ringer and in great nick. But up close it was LHD , made in 1973 , registered 1974 according to the owner who had driven it back from Italy some years ago. Not seen another car like it as the interior was also green & quite stunning. Met up with Amate8 also Markymarc and his lovely lady Kes (if I got that right). Enjoyed the event an chats but that was the lowest 126 turn out I have seen there  :cry: