Author Topic: Bonnet NEEDED!  (Read 2065 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Bonnet NEEDED!
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »
I am having to junk my bonnet because it is too far gone to be effectively rebuilt. the car is going in to be sprayed next month.

I thought I had cracked it [pun] when I ordered a fibreglass bonnet from 126FAN.  When I received it it was too damaged to use so I dont want to go down the fibreglass route again.

Can anyone point me towards a replacement metal bonnet? (an excellent used part would also be welcome) It is for a BIS but I think they are the same as the aircooled.

Richie
It boils but it doesn't whistle......

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:50 PM »
Had to postpone the spray job and now I am back in Nigeria for a while working  >:(  .

Seriously folks, has anyone a bonnet they are willing to let go of?

Richie
It boils but it doesn't whistle......

Tomasz

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 424
  • Karma: 3
  • Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:15:22 PM »
Hi, I think I have a decent one. I didn't really want to let it go but pm me an offer. I can probably send it via courier for not too much.


cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »
I have one on the way from Lingotto Germany. 

Hopefully it will get here in one piece.  They all seem to be fibreglass, which is great if they arrive in one piece.  Trouble is one already died a horrible death in transit.  Parcelforce  :rant

Richie
It boils but it doesn't whistle......

fixit

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 169
  • Karma: 3
Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »
lets just say we nick named them
 remove the o replace with a

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
OK I received some good news from my wife today.  The bonnet arrived and it is in good order.  (Metal not fibreglass...) 

I suppose some out there are thinking how could I have bought it when I don't even know the material it is made of?  Answer: I thought all the pattern bonnets were now made of fibreglass.  So it is a nice surprise to find I was wrong...

All-in the bonnet and two headlights were Euro 160, which for new parts was a good price I feel.

 :beer:  Home Thursday.  Will be nice to be in normal temperatures.  33 C with high humidity here.

Richie.
It boils but it doesn't whistle......