Author Topic: BIS in good condition........  (Read 2713 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Pinnch

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
I just bought this, it will be my first fiat 126, shell is in mint condition , full fiat service history and all old mot certificates!

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum. Fantastic buy. Congratulations. I would have bought it myself if I wasn't already restoring another Bis. At least the rust bit is all sorted. It might be a good time to do the anti rust treatment i.e. undersealing and waxoyl work prior to reinstalling the interior and exterior bits.

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
Welcome. Hope you get on the road soon.

Marc

Pinnch

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
Cheers, It's going to take a while to do but I can't wait to get started! I'm looking at trying to fit a 1108 fire engine in it but struggling to find any info.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
It will probably be advisable to get the car on the firstly. To be honest, to convert to a 1.1 Fire engine on a Bis will require lots of time, and possibly, unlimited funding to get it certified as roadworthy. Also, I have yet to see a successful 1.1cc Fire or motorbike or related conversion. In fact, many never see the light of day.

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:06:42 PM »
Cheers, It's going to take a while to do but I can't wait to get started! I'm looking at trying to fit a 1108 fire engine in it but struggling to find any info.

Can I ask why the engine swap. I assume you do not intend on ever using the legally on the roads in the UK?


Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: BIS in good condition........
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
The reason for not much info is the fact that it hasn't been done successfully yet (as far as I know). If you want something truly fast that looks like a 126 you would be best off building a silhouette on a space frame purpose built for the job.

http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5735.0 , this got sold incomplete a while back though.

or you could try the Smallcox route, he has done loads to his, turbo and lots more, getting almost 3 times the power out of it by the sound of things. Smallcox is a genius with a 126.

Very hard to do either, but what you are planning is also very hard to do.

Type engine swap in the forum search box and see what you find that has actually been put on the road.

Marc


« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:44:37 PM by Hazey-n-Marc »