Author Topic: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS  (Read 7650 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
I know these don't come up very often, so by the time I find a pair I might be ready for them!  :$

I really want a set of CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS for my project. I'd be willing to have them refurbished so as long as they are not totally knackered then they would be fine.

Anyone got a set stashed away anywhere?

http://www.histowheels.com/Cromodora/Cromodora-CD-26/

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP



Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
Thanks guys. I was looking at ebay Italy also, but the postage could be horrendous. There is some good stuff on there though.

I also saw those wheels on eBay UK, but i suspect he wants fairly near the £700 mark for them which is far too much for me.

I am still looking specifically for CD 26 if I can find them

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

124cso

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
  • Karma: 0
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:15 AM »
Grrrrrrrrrr !

I had a set of those with good Michelin tires on them, with hubcaps, for sale a couple of years back and nobody wanted them. Think I got about 60 for the set in the end. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:42 AM »
Grrrrrrrrrr !

I had a set of those with good Michelin tires on them, with hubcaps, for sale a couple of years back and nobody wanted them. Think I got about 60 for the set in the end. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Always the way though! :-(
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP


gason

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • Karma: 0
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

124cso

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
  • Karma: 0
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 01:19:35 AM »
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

I think you will find they are all too wide. You are going to a 13" so the tires are going to be bigger diameter and a lot wider so you will lose turning circle and they will eventually bottom out on the guards on bumps. And then there is the MOT !
Probably the best option is CD39s or similar off a 128 saloon as they were only 4 1/2' wide but rarer than hen's teeth.

gason

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • Karma: 0
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
Just another option to add to the list  ;D


Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 05:05:27 PM »
The wheels Amateb8 put up will be 15mm closer to the middle of the car, and 35mm further out.

Marc

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

I think you will find they are all too wide. You are going to a 13" so the tires are going to be bigger diameter and a lot wider so you will lose turning circle and they will eventually bottom out on the guards on bumps. And then there is the MOT !
Probably the best option is CD39s or similar off a 128 saloon as they were only 4 1/2' wide but rarer than hen's teeth.

Which wont be helped by the fact my car will be lowered by 3cm too with my new sports suspension! :-S

This could prove problematic.

So, you have seen people 'banding' their wheels, what about reducing them by cutting a band out?

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:22 PM »
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

Working on the list at the minute. Working through a list of 250 potential cars which have workable PCD, now sorting through offset, width and centre bore.
Taking a while as have been doing something secret at the same time.

Marc
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:58:20 PM by Hazey-n-Marc »

kev126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 473
  • Karma: 6
  • Built not bought
Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »
Banding is commonly done only on steel wheels, chopping up alloy whes is possible but finding someone who would do the work would be a NIGHTMARE and cost a nightmare as well.
1989 Fiat 126 BIS