Author Topic: hood  (Read 3336 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

popik81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 796
  • Karma: 2
hood
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:12 AM »
want hood like this....

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: hood
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:48:55 AM »
From an early 70's aircooled

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: hood
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 07:18:56 PM »
I wonder why Fiat altered the design and stopped that outside bank of vents on the later aircooled cars ?
Not quite the same subject but when I had my car mot last year the guy said why on earth did I fit that high level rear warning light in those vents on the back as it was so ugly. He was quite surprised when I told him that it was a standard fitting  :o

wsmitwil

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: South Shropshire
Re: hood
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, the engine size went up but the amount of cooling was reduced

My fog light was on the back but I thought it was ugly so I put it under the bumper
fiats forever

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: hood
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »
Were these lids only on the Italian built cars? Could be that they needed less cooling for the Eastern Bloc markets.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: hood
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
Quote
want hood like this....
 
 


 
Hi, Popik....just read your post again....were you wanting a part like that or were you selling one?

Every cloud has one...

popik81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 796
  • Karma: 2
Re: hood
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »
I want it :) 1 day 20h left... hope I will win 8)

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: hood
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
Hi Popik, did you use this part...I'm after one myself now (!!)

Every cloud has one...

popik81

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 796
  • Karma: 2
Re: hood
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 10:32:34 PM »
no yet, but will after my holidays :) car will full respray :)

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Every cloud has one...

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: hood
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »
There was also a support bar on the inside of these early hoods.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP