Hi Rusty,
well before Christmas, you might remember, I took the sump off after the engine wasn't working properly and found bits of metal but the rockers were fine and I couldn't see any damage, my plan was to take the engine out and do the work on it myself, but my parents sold their house, along with the heated shed so I lost my work space and decided to take it to a mechanic that was recommended by friends.
He has taken the engine out and taken it to a specialist who is the one who said it won't be worth fixing, he also mentioned the crack, but I'm not sure if its the crack in the cylinder head that has been there since I got the car.
(what happened after this thread
http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7473.msg53241#msg53241 )
Oooh, what makes the special 126 one special?
Well, if you are looking to sell the one you are not using I might be interested. i'm just not sure what to do at the moment.

I contacted someone who had bought a reconditioned engine off a seller last year on eBay, who is currently selling another one, to ask if the engine they got was sound and they replied with this;
'Hi Abiella
I haven't actually fitted the engine yet as I'm still working on the bodywork. Andy was very helpful and I'm confident that the engine will be fine. I've got a 650cc engine and gearbox which has been fully refurbished and converted to unleaded petrol etc for sale as I was doing 2 restorations but have decided not to complete one and concentrate on the better car. I would be happy to sell these for £750. Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you some photographs.
Thanks'
If they have two they should surely be on here! But maybe not.
That is pretty cheap for both if they are good condition.