Author Topic: Raised platic digits for old style numberplates  (Read 1677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Raised platic digits for old style numberplates
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
Hi guys,
     I am looking to see if anyone has any spare plastic raised letters, for the old style 70's numberplates?

I have attached a pic for the style I am looking for.

I have one front numberplate with two digits missing 'G' x2

Also I want to make up a rear numberplate also.

You can buy specially made ones in a period style, but I was trying to save cash and by using second hand bits it will look older and more authentic  ;D

As my car is going to end up with the rat look for this year at least, they would look better than shiny new plates.

Anyway, I will check the auto jumbles but if anyone has any of the following letters they dont give me a shout  :$;

G, K, 6, 9 or N



Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Raised platic digits for old style numberplates
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:41:32 PM »
Wow Tom that is a long shot  :o
All I can do is JTF 784W in raised letters.

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Raised platic digits for old style numberplates
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »
Yeah they seem difficult to get hold of, and the plate makers wont sell the letters individually. I guess its against their interests.  :(

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP

grubscrew

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 244
  • Karma: 3
Re: Raised platic digits for old style numberplates
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »
Theres a seller on ebay selling some  raised ones. I would send you the link but not sure how, but input " numberplate letters", he seems to be selling black ones. mike.
All things Italian.

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Re: Raised platic digits for old style numberplates
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:03:20 PM »
Rust does not discriminate

Kent126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 955
  • Karma: 5
  • Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
  • Location: Dorset, UK
Re: Raised platic digits for old style numberplates
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
Thanks guys, I have ordered some letters to repair my front numberplate, but he doesnt have quite enough of the right ones to make up a new rear plate.

I will order what I can and the hunt will continue  ;D

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP