Author Topic: 126 Bis extended wheel bolts  (Read 2040 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
126 Bis extended wheel bolts
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:50:31 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get extended wheel bolts for my red 126 Bis. I recently acquired Cinquecento Sporting alloys but the rear wheels need spacers, so I have been told by the mechanic as it is rubbing. Can I get some fabricated?

wsmitwil

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: South Shropshire
Re: 126 Bis extended wheel bolts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »
i had the same problem with mine , i dident use spacers but the scrapyard i got the wheels from did let me look through their stuff and i only just managed to find enough wheel bolts, took me two hours to find them
fiats forever

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: 126 Bis extended wheel bolts
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
The alloys really looks nice on the 126!

wsmitwil

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: South Shropshire
Re: 126 Bis extended wheel bolts
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »
Thanks

At the same time I got some 1976 cone wheels, but decided it was just too much hassle to change the hubs over so just fitted the alloys they stick out abit compared to the original aircooled wheels ;D
fiats forever

Pete126

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3369
  • Karma: 35
  • Location: West Yorkshire
Re: 126 Bis extended wheel bolts
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
If your paying a mechanic to sort the car out, If he's any good he should be able to sort some extended wheel bolts out, They are available from any motor shop or motor factor that specialize in fitting alloy wheels. I had to put 5mm spacers on my rear wheels too.
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: 126 Bis extended wheel bolts
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
Many thanks. The mechanic is actually a friend of mine who owns and runs an independent specialist Alfa Romeo/Fiat/Lancia garage. I sort of help him out in his garage once and a while, in return he helps me restore my red Bis. The restoration is painfully slow. As it is a favour, he takes his time, so to speed things up, I thought of getting the parts myself. 

Can I get them from Halfords?