Author Topic: Wanted Pretty please.  (Read 4709 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Wanted Pretty please.
« on: November 17, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »
wanted, working aircooled gearbox Gearbox. May consider a dead complete one as I can repair then do a straight swap.

At a pre Chrismas price please.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »
There's a few on eBay right now, one at a starting price of £15 in Cleveland and I think 1973/126 may also have a couple for sale as well...
Every cloud has one...

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »
One on Ebay for £150 but he (a club member) won't budge on price, not even for other club members.  :cry: Plus the usual couple for £500 pounds each  ::)

Car now off the road until sorted. Maybe the best way is to buy a cheap Polish 126 and break it, or give up completely, which at the moment is how I feel to be honest.


KAL SPL

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 231
  • Karma: 0
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
I have a spare 1 haha
Aus's cleanest Niki !

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-500-FIAT-126-GEARBOX-ONLY-15-START-NO-RESERVE-AIR-COOLED-2-CYLINDER-MODEL-/281023820198?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416e5331a6#ht_534wt_1060

Ey up, Dajwid, is this one any good? 

Assuming it is he's even offering delivery anywhere in the UK for £19.99. 

Sounds a decent enough chap, if you call hime he might even do one of those Buy it Now things?

What I've learnt about Fiat 126 is that if you don't give up on them they don't give up on you!  They can be costly at times but every time the engine starts it makes it all worthwhile!
Every cloud has one...

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
I have contacted the guy, waiting for him to get back to me.

The sad part is these are about £15.00 each in Poland, as one member knows very well  ??? ::)

If I can't get sorted I will fly over after Christmas and get one sent back.







Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 04:46:43 PM »
Good for you!

I might need a Poland trip myself soon, I've got 3 Fiat 126 now and I've started to do a restoration of a 4th (very rare Fiat 126) car that is going to need some parts and panels. 

I hear people talk about Poland all the time, what's the best place to go if I do trip over?

Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »


I hear people talk about Poland all the time, what's the best place to go if I do trip over?



I have heard that there are some good clubs and bars in most cities  :P

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
I lived in the tricity area Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot, but spent time all over, Krakow I found too touristy, Warsaw, not too much to see apart from the old town.

I will be flying to Gdansk for a long weekend, Hopefully with a very heavy bag :-) Return flight at the moment for begining of December is £33.43 !!!!
I planned this anyway before the 'dead gearbox' saga.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:00:25 PM by dajwid »

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »
1973/126 travels to Poland quite a bit. Probably worth contacting Ladislav as well, it might save you a trip to Poland.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
Cheers chaps, I can pitch as a treat trip for the missus and stock up on stuff whilst I'm there!

Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
Cheers chaps, I can pitch as a treat trip for the missus and stock up on stuff whilst I'm there!

You and I are obviously 126 fanatics given the number of 126's in our respective stables. We should plan a trip to Poland to buy and stock up on spare parts! We can invite 173/126, as I am sure he has many contacts there.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:20:31 PM by Amateb8 »

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
I though he was Slovakian  ???

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »
I like the sound of a group trip to Poland on one of those low cost flights to stock up (and maybe have a couple of drinks as well!)
Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Wanted Pretty please.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »
He is indeed. The group can hop into a plane or drive. Perhaps the latter is too long.