Author Topic: Original Bis Radio  (Read 3045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Blonde126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 167
  • Karma: 1
Original Bis Radio
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »
I've already inquired about a radio from someone who is breaking a bis on eBay, but I've yet to recieve a reply. I was wondering if anyone has a spare original Bis working radio? Cheers.

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »
I did mention on here a short time back that I have the original Blaupukt radio cassette player that I had the garage fit to our brand new 1989 Bis , G672 RWL & colour ivory (yellow). I found the original receipt the other day. Cost of the basic car with 6 months tax was £3,245.00 but I had them fit a pop up sunroof (£102) and the radio £100 making a grand total of £3,447.00  ::)
I have the speakers as well which they fitted in the door cards.

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Have you still got that car Rusty?!


dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
The red one is MW so won't actually get any stations, the Green one was FM Yellow LW (I think)

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »
I wonder. Will the "powers at be" switch of terrestial radio soon? If and when they do, this sort of radios will be completely obsolete. That said, it will be, perhaps, more collectible.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
I have the red one on my De Ville and play it all the time...it's brilliant!

£50 is not too bad a price with the unit it sits in assuming it all works.

You can still buy them new in Italy although prices range from £50 to £200 last time I looked.

They do come up on eBay from time to time, I bought a spare red radio earlier this year (without attachment) for just £2.99!

Under 40mph with the choke down fully it's a great sound!
Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
FM so much better than the other one !!!!

wsmitwil

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: South Shropshire
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 11:32:31 PM »
I wonder. Will the "powers at be" switch of terrestial radio soon? If and when they do, this sort of radios will be completely obsolete. That said, it will be, perhaps, more collectible.

Unfortunately this is already happening, I was at a local radio hub earlier this year which was owned by bbc world service which broadcasts most fm radio and they had already turned off 12 of the 20 analogue transmitters there because they said there was no need for fm any more they were going digital

There just not telling anyone
fiats forever

f40fanatic

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 131
  • Karma: 0
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
I think i still have an original bis stereo lying around, ill see if i can dig it out :)
Dave

Seabee1978126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
  • YOU DONT LIKE US UNTIL YOU NEED US
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »
Are these radio's really that rare??? If so, I may be doing a bit of shopping before I leave Italy!!

Blonde126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 167
  • Karma: 1
Re: Original Bis Radio
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »
Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for really cheap ones, I think my priorities should be ensuring I have enough money to get Bert through his MOT in a couple of months time (eek!), but if a really cheap one does come up, I'll nab it :P