Author Topic: tires/tyres  (Read 4677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

guy2yourleft

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 70
  • Karma: 0
tires/tyres
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:28:36 PM »
Does anybody know of a reputable tire dealer who sells 145/60-R13 AND who is willing to ship to the United States? I have found Michelins and Hankooks and others on the Internet that are a good fit for the car, but nobody in America can get them ( >:( bloody Yanks...)  I've also tried a few European websites and none of them are willing to ship to me. It really blows my mind. I have my credit card ready, and last time I checked, money is money and Visa is generally accepted everywhere. If the price goes up, I'm fine with it, it's understandable.

I certainly appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

Here are the places I've gone so far: www.gommaonline.com www.oponeo.it www.blackcircles.com www.mixreifen.de plus each respective tire company's site.
I didn't do it!  ...unless it was good...  ...even then it's still debatable...

Proud parent of a '67 Ford Mustang, '83 Fiat 126, and '94 Ford Explorer: "Daddy's Lil Girls"

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: tires/tyres
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »
Looks like it is a very expensive option to ship to the States, around $100 per tyre.
Try this company http://www.tires-easy.com  you will probably have to contact them personally for a quote.
Or you can send them to my UK address and arrange your own shipping service to collect and ship to the States.

guy2yourleft

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 70
  • Karma: 0
Re: tires/tyres
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »
I shot them an email, hopefully will hear back today if I'm lucky, but probably tomorrow.

I appreciate the offer to ship the tyres (I'm just going to start spelling it like that) from your own home, and I would do this in a heartbeat if I didn't have to approve this through my wife. She's very skeptical about things like this whereas I just want the tyres. Still, the wife is respected and loved, and I will adhere to her requests and concerns.

I'll update as I get info. Thank you Mr. Lewis and everybody else here for you assistance!
I didn't do it!  ...unless it was good...  ...even then it's still debatable...

Proud parent of a '67 Ford Mustang, '83 Fiat 126, and '94 Ford Explorer: "Daddy's Lil Girls"

guy2yourleft

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 70
  • Karma: 0
Re: tires/tyres
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »
Found new tyres for the Fiat! A little bigger, they are 155/65R13's from Universal Tire in Miami, FL.
I didn't do it!  ...unless it was good...  ...even then it's still debatable...

Proud parent of a '67 Ford Mustang, '83 Fiat 126, and '94 Ford Explorer: "Daddy's Lil Girls"

Seabee1978126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
  • YOU DONT LIKE US UNTIL YOU NEED US
Re: tires/tyres
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »
Do you have the original suspension on your 126?? Ive heard that only 145/65R13 and 145/70R13 will work on the car with 13in wheels and no mods?!?!?!