Author Topic: eBay Italy  (Read 5531 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
eBay Italy
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
I've seen something beautiful and Fiat 126 related on eBay Italy but when I try and make an offer it comes back with this message and does not let me make a bid - does anyone know what it means and what I need to do to get my offer accepted?

Offerta massima - Immetti un importo valido per la tua offerta massima.  ???

The price I have offered is 69 EUR and the postage (as far as I can tell is 50 EUR).

Any advice much appreciated.
Every cloud has one...

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
Google translator says "Maximum bid - Enter a valid amount for your maximum bid"

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
Thanks, Marc, just figured it out, I was using a dot between the numbers instead of a comma ie 69.00 instead of 69,00...very excited, eBay Italy is amazing (but far too tempting!)  :good:

Every cloud has one...

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
If you are struggling with foreign language web sites, download Google Chrome. Google Chrome translates foreign web-pages into English at a touch of a button :)

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
I agree. Italian Ebay is great. A lot more 126 parts on auction. I bought quite a few there but oftentimes, postage and packaging are too expensive. Beware, some sellers just refuse to sell to international buyers. There was one instance, when I bid for a lovely Fiat 600D, one owner, in immaculate condition. After the seller noticed that I was an international bidder, the seller sent me an email, saying that the seller would rather keep the car in Italy!

Also try the German ebay. Loads of interesting stuff there as well. They seem to be more geared up to international buyers.

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
 Garry you gonna tel us what this beautiful 126 related item is, or is it a secret?
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »
It's beautiful, I've started calling it 'my prescious' like Smiegel from Lord of the Rings... :o

Auction closes tomorrow will ping you the link if I am successful (!!)  ;D
Every cloud has one...

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:42 PM »
Hey, Ladislav, I won my auction!  I'm a bit too embarassed to admit what I've bought, it's posh...but not as posh as what somone else has just listed on eBay UK...wish I had some cash left (!!)   8)
Every cloud has one...

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »
 Come on Garry tell us what you bought.

 You know, you`ll get a very good discount off me on those posh bits if you interested!
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Rust does not discriminate

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
Try not to laugh...I know I overpaid (badly) and that it's a non essential purchase with money I've not got (tinned food for the rest of the month!) but it's Fiat 126 branded and specifically made to fit in the boot!  Anyway, I'll need something to put my stuff in when I travel to Retro Rides (!!)  :$

http://www.ebay.it/itm/VALIGIA-FIAT-126-NUOVA-MARCA-PATTY-E-ALTRI-RICAMBI-DEPOCA-/221012183422?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item33755a497e
Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
I actually alomost bought one some time ago but realised it will not fit the Bis. BTW, the Fiat 126 pictured appears to have a rectangular hole under the bumper ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:12:10 PM by Amateb8 »

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »
It's nice, if you're happy with what you paid, cool

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »
Many moons ago on the forum someone had one of these cases for sale. I think he wanted about £40 if I remember right. That was about 6 ish years ago. so they are scarce certainly didn't overpay.

(Not for a real 126 handbag)  ;D

 

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Re: eBay Italy
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:42 PM »
I made the mistake of looking in car parts!
Not a bad rice for a nice finishing touch
Rust does not discriminate