Author Topic: Dangerously in need of new tyres.  (Read 5179 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »
I have a burst Tyre and the spare has huge cracks on the side... Illegal and Dangerous but so far all the 125 R 12 tyres I have found are very expensive! (Axel Gerstl £56. & Ricambio £69.) not including postage. has anyone found a cheap supplier? or has anyone got any for sale?
Thanks.
Abi
I drive on Button Moon...

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Every cloud has one...

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »
13" needs 12"

Bar Vitelli

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
  • Karma: 16
  • Location: Halifax
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »
 :oops:

Thanks, Dajwid, missed that.
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
125 R 12 is the size for the fiat 500 and they are expensive and hard to find. The size for the 126 is 135 R 12 which should be cheaper & easier to find. I have probably got some good used ones in my shed  :)

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
Strange the ones on my car are 125 R 12's. will the 135 12's fit? It would be a lot easyer if they do. Might treat my self to some wide white walls if I can get some cheap tyres! :)
I drive on Button Moon...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:44:40 PM by Amateb8 »

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »
It is not a case of wether 135s will fit , they are the correct fitment for all 126 models up to the Bis which has 13" wheels. I would guess that running undersize tyres will make your insurance invalid  :$ :$

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »
Try a search on mytyres.co.uk for 135/80 R12 - they're doing Debica Passios for £21.60 each.

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »
Ok, so the previous owner has put hard to find tyres that are too small on my car? haha.  well I'm relieved as 135's are cheaper and easyer to find. I have just checked my Mot and it is due tomorrow! so I better get those tyres today! and does anyone know of a thread that shows you how to re wire the horn? I will check the subscribers section too.
Thanks.
I drive on Button Moon...


Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
Thanks Dajwid, So cheap but so far away! I don't think I'll get to Northamptonshire anytime soon. :( I have been thinking that maybe the best thing to do is change my Steels to something that fits and takes a cheaper easier to find tyre size?
Cinqucento/minilite?
I drive on Button Moon...

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 05:40:54 PM »
So far I have found some minilite alloys with tyres and cheaper replica ones.
I thought I would just check ebay Italy and I have fallen in love with these... http://www.ebay.it/itm/RUOTE-WHEELS-FIAT-500-STORICA-PNEUMATICI-145-70-R12-/230787067006?pt=Ruote_Complete&hash=item35bbfb2c7e#ht_1923wt_698#

I really need to win the lottery. not even all of it... just about £1000 will do.
I don't think I'm going to be on the road for a while... no Mot and illegal tyres anyway is not a good idea.

If anyone spots anything... hears of anything or has some wheels for sale please let me know.
I could probably just about spend £275 if Tyres where inc.

thanks
I drive on Button Moon...

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
Why not just get the standard 135 R12s put on your current wheels? Even with fitting, you should be able to get all 4 corners done with change from £150.

If mytyres doesnt have them in stock, try Oponeo - I paid just over £100 from them for 4 Debica Passios and they were delivered from Poland in 3 days.

Mike

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »
I am still a bit shocked that someone fitted 125s on your car  :o I guess they must have inner tubes otherwise that is DANGEROUS+++++++++++
If you have £275 to squander then you should have no problem getting legal and splashing out on an MOT test as well !
You can fit any Fiat 98 pcd 12" or 13" with a tyre size up to 155 65 13 so 126 Panda Uno Cinquecento Seicento etc . If you are on a tight budget you can usualy pick up a set of Cinque alloys & legal tyres for £100 or less  :D