Author Topic: Foulkes Impala  (Read 3526 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »


 :D

All it needs is a tin of red paint and a Black and white cat.

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
If I had space and cash I would be getting moaned at by Hazey.  ::)

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »
 The seller doesn`t seem to mention anything about the log book in the advert. When I asked him about it and what it is registered as, he never got back to me.

 I do quiet like in a strange way.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »
The dvla say

The vehicle details for STD 573L are:
Date of Liability   01 12 1991
Date of First Registration   09 11 1972
Year of Manufacture   Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc)   499cc
CO2 Emissions   Not Available
Fuel Type   PETROL
Export Marker   N
Vehicle Status   Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour   BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval   Not Available
Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate   Â£74.25
12 Months Rate   Â£135.00

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »
Would think it is 500 based by the date of registration, if not, it is probably the earliest 126 in britain.
I am however slightly put off by the number plate  :$

Was listed as a Fiat
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:34:17 PM by Hazey-n-Marc »

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:26:36 AM »
 Yeah I thought the same when I saw the plate ;D, not a kind of thing you would want to advertise.

 Not sure if it`s enough if the log book states for instance it`s a Fiat 500. Should be O.K. if the numbers match, but I`ve had some nightmares before with a Blitz buggy. I bought it in belief it was road legal, even checked the number plate with DVLA and came back as Blitz Buggy, the problems started when I applied for a log book. The VIN number didn`t tie up with the registration, police came to inspect it and at the end I just sold it unregistered with a loss as wasn`t going to do the IVA test.

 The same story recently with an other 126 based kit car which turned out to be registered as a Fiat 500 :-X
 
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: Foulkes Impala
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »
If any one is interested they could ask to see a scan of the log book. What did they look like in 1991?