Author Topic: tow bar again on ebay  (Read 5489 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: tow bar again on ebay
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
Here's the bar:



Will post a pic of fitted soon and yes it comes with electrical fittings (single socket)
Ciao4Now

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: tow bar again on ebay
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
It looks kinda odd. It does not bolt on to the bumper. Where does the other end bolt on to? Where does it bolt on to the chassis? I was expecting something similar in shape to the aircooled. I look forward to seeing it installed.

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: tow bar again on ebay
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
There is a metal support inside the bumper you get another bracket which replaces this, the other end bots directly to the trailing arm.

Here is the bracket:

Ciao4Now

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: tow bar again on ebay
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
Best day of weather and I wait till it is dark to take the pics!  Anyway here it is fitted:



Ciao4Now

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: tow bar again on ebay
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »
Looks great!!! Did you have to make new holes underneath the rear crossmember to fit the metal support bracket? Would it be possible to post the installation instructions? I want to see whether I can install it myself.

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: tow bar again on ebay
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
No new hole required you just use what is already there, I still have the fitting instructions so will try and find and post!

Just finished building my trailer so will post pics of that soon! ;D ;D
Ciao4Now