Author Topic: lancia wheels  (Read 2752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Rust does not discriminate

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: lancia wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
 ;)

I think maybe he bought the wring size ::)

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Re: lancia wheels
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
That would be a shame, that's an expensive mistake!
Rust does not discriminate

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: lancia wheels
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
nice wheels shame about the size!

gsxr126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 405
  • Karma: 0
Re: lancia wheels
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 03:34:11 AM »
You can get these wheels to fit ;) Its all in the tyres. I am running 15's and they fit (just) with 45 series tyres, but in hindsight I should have opted for 16's as you can get a 35 series and get the total diameter of wheel and tyre around the 50cm mark. I rekon 51-53 cms is the max diameter you can go without having to modify anything.

Here are mine at 55.5cms rolling diameter.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

damon500

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 65
  • Karma: 0
Re: lancia wheels
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
;)

I think maybe he bought the wring size ::)

I'm not so sure- they look very much like Lancia Beta HPE wheels which are a 4x98 stud pattern and actually a 14" wheel. Some of these have very high magnesium content and are ultra light- used to be quite sought after amongst the Alfa / Fiat racing guys a few years ago. I would suggest rechecking with the seller as they could be more suitable than you think....

Here is a pic of what I think they are... http://escapetotheseventies.com/70s-cars/lancia-beta-hpe/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:46:00 AM by damon500 »

GTMaster

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 809
  • Karma: 2
  • Na most a tuti- tuti- tuti
Re: lancia wheels
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »
You can get these wheels to fit ;) Its all in the tyres. I am running 15's and they fit (just) with 45 series tyres, but in hindsight I should have opted for 16's as you can get a 35 series and get the total diameter of wheel and tyre around the 50cm mark. I rekon 51-53 cms is the max diameter you can go without having to modify anything.

Here are mine at 55.5cms rolling diameter.

I guess you don't carry passengers that often :)
"One more drink, Lacikám?"

All about car restoration can be found in the song
"Got my mind set on you" by George Harrison...