Author Topic: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)  (Read 2033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

shivayash

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 0
Hello chaps,

I am sure this post will be lost among all the other 'wants' for UK 126s but if anyone is selling up, I am keen to buy.

This will be my first classic Fiat - I've owned many cars in my time, of the Fiat variety only two, Uno (1988) and Panda (2007).

I am based in North London.

Best wishes,


Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »
Is it for a Bis (watercooled) and aircooled version?

shivayash

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 0
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
I'd be happy with either - what are the pros and cons of each?

I think the BIS is newer - and 704cc - but obviously the aircooled is probably more reliable.

Best wishes,

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
 ???
Oh no the Bis v Aircooled war begins :P

Welcome to the forum, Have a look at past posts on the subject, there are a lot :-)

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
I own a Bis. I think the alternator set up of the Bis is different to that of the aircooled.

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:20:24 PM »
I own a bicycle and there are fairies at the bottom of my garden  :P :o :P

Angelo there is a subtle difference between a starter Fiat 126 and a Fiat 126 starter  :$

Good luck in your search mate  ;D

hotdeffender

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: 0
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
I am selling my rare British early style aircooled. It is more expensive than a his because they are more   sought after.

davidobi82

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Karma: 1
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
Hello
Have few Fiats for sale, I'm in Cambridge

Hazey-n-Marc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2282
  • Karma: 10
  • It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
BIS is good, just thoroughly service the cooling system when you get it, never had a hairdryer  :P

Marc