Author Topic: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!  (Read 6702 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »
Happy New Year everyone.!

I got a pair of Chrome bumpers for Christmas and now just need the screws...
anyone got some lying around before I get some from abroad?

Thanks,

Abiella
I drive on Button Moon...

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
Hi

You can get some coach bolts at the local DIY store exactly the same and cheap only thing is you have to keep polishing them as they are not stainless!

Can't remember the correct length but one fits I have them on mine!

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/hardware/bolts/bolts/-specificproducttype-cup_square_bolts/Cup-Square-Bolt-AVF-851797-Pack-Of-10-W-M8-x-L-60mm-9708025
Ciao4Now

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Meh....
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »
What a nightmare, I waited a whole week for my  bumper brackets and bolts to arrive from Axel Gerstl and finally got in contact with them, they hadn't sent them because my card didn't go through (not their fault, they emailed my mums email as she was the last person to order from this address i.e my bumpers. so I obviously didn't know it hadn't gone through and my mum was trying to figure out what she had been buying on the net!)
So I ordered them all again and when they arrived today the bolts were too short for the back bumper brackets!  :-
Luckily I know I can get them from a D.I.Y store (thanks guys)!

I'm learning that If you don't know what you are doing you can really take a long time to get everything done! All I want to do Is drive my 126!!

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows how to fit the rear registration light for a chrome bumper... I can't seem to find a bracket for it or figure out how it fits.

Sorry for the Essay!

Thanks!
I drive on Button Moon...

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: Meh....
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:06:39 PM »
What a nightmare, I waited a whole week for my  bumper brackets and bolts to arrive from Axel Gerstl and finally got in contact with them, they hadn't sent them because my card didn't go through (not their fault, they emailed my mums email as she was the last person to order from this address i.e my bumpers. so I obviously didn't know it hadn't gone through and my mum was trying to figure out what she had been buying on the net!)
So I ordered them all again and when they arrived today the bolts were too short for the back bumper brackets!  :-
Luckily I know I can get them from a D.I.Y store (thanks guys)!

I'm learning that If you don't know what you are doing you can really take a long time to get everything done! All I want to do Is drive my 126!!

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows how to fit the rear registration light for a chrome bumper... I can't seem to find a bracket for it or figure out how it fits.

Sorry for the Essay!

Thanks!


Have you got the actual original Plate light for the chrome bumper model?  If so I can post a pic on how it fits!  If not you may have to rig up something custom!
Ciao4Now

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »
I drive on Button Moon...

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »
Yep that is the original one!  There are two holes on the rear bumper which it mounts onto, it slips on the inside of the bumper pointing towards the plate and then it is screwed from underneath.  I shall post a pic of mine tomorrow!
Ciao4Now

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
Thankyou! sorry I just minus'd your Karma by accident... I was trying to Plus it! I'll fix it when I'm aloud to karma again! Doh  ::)
I drive on Button Moon...

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
 It looks like you are missing the mounting bracket.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
A ha ! Yes... that looks right! I couldn't seem to see a mounting bracket on the website. It should really say what you will need too! where can I get one of those from then?

Thank you
I drive on Button Moon...

ciaoflyer

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1325
  • Karma: 3
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »
I have looked on the web for one for you but cannot find one :(  Maybe call Franco at ricambio he maybe able to source one!

http://www.ricambio.co.uk/
Ciao4Now

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
 I`ll have a look for you tomorrow to see if I`ve got one.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »
Thanks guys, Did you have a chance to look 1973/126?
I'll call Ricambio tomorro.

Cheers
I drive on Button Moon...

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 08:58:59 AM »
 Sorry but I couldn`t find one.
 You can always use the one you had on there before and just mount it on the engine lid, of buy something aftermarket.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Abiella

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: 0
  • ♪ ♫ Satsuma Baked-Bean Tangerine! ●•●•●◄►♥◄►●•●•●
    • The Box Collective
Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
Thank you for looking... I'm just going to zip tie it on for tonight as I want to drive in the evening and I'll figure something out!
Cheers guys
I drive on Button Moon...