Author Topic: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts  (Read 5591 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
Okay, a bit of a long shot but does anyone have the alloy wheel bolts for the standard Cinquecento alloy wheels?

nrg19uk

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 579
  • Karma: 1
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
I've got a set in the garage I will have a look and see if I can find them 2mo
Neil gargaro

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
ANGELO you have not got a Cinque why would you want the wheel bolts  :o

Eklipze3k

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 632
  • Karma: 2
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »
Good question Rusty, the Cinq and 126 have different thread pitches ...

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
I inadvertently won a set of 13 inch Cinquecento Sporting alloys cheaply from ebay. I thought it would not be a complete waste having won it as I could install the alloys on my red Bis. It should fit right? I've seen it in other 126 Bis. I think Kitten75 has one installed on hers. Unfortunately, the set did not come with the bolts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:42:30 PM by Amateb8 »

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 08:31:09 PM »
You must have been inadvertently shopping in your sleep  :P
Because if you had got the bolts and inadvertently fitted the wheels to your car you would now be inadvertently looking for new front hubs and rear stub axles as the wheel bolt threads would have been stripped  :o

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »
The specification of the Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheels + tires are:

PCD: 4x98
Rim: 13 inches
Tires: Pirelli p700 tyres on size 165 55 r13

Are you saying that the Cinquecento Sporting wheel bolts are not suitable for a 126 Bis?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:52:22 PM by Amateb8 »

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
I did a bit of research and found the measurements below. The Cinquecento wheel bolt specifications are identical to that of the 126. Is the ET the offset? Not sure what the length of the bolt should be though.

Model
                           P.C.D.       ET          C.B.
Fiat 124, 126       4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat 242              6 x 205                   148.0
Fiat Barchetta      4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat Brava           4 x 98     30...38      58.0
Fiat Bravo           4 x 98     30...38      58.0
Fiat Cinquecento  4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat Coupe          4 x 98     30...38      58.0
Fiat Croma          4 x 98     30...38      58.0
Fiat Ducato          5 x 118                   71.0
Fiat Ducato Maxi  5 x 130                   78.0
Fiat Marea           4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat Multipla         4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat Palio              4 x 98    30...38     58.0
Fiat Panda            4 x 98    30...38     58.0
Fiat Punto            4 x 98    30...38      58.0
Fiat Regata          4 x 98    30...38      58.0
Fiat Ritmo            4 x 98   30...38       58.0
Fiat Scudo            4 x 98   30...38      58.0
Fiat Seicento        4 x 98    30...38      58.0
Fiat Siena            4 x 98    30...38      58.0
Fiat Talento          5 x 118                  71.0
Fiat Tempra         4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat Tipo              4 x 98     30...38     58.0
Fiat Uno              4 x 98     30...38      58.0


Eklipze3k

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 632
  • Karma: 2
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
I think you're getting confused here - the Cinq wheel will fit the 126 no bother at all, but if you use the Cinq's bolts, the thread pitch of the bolt itself is wrong and will strip the threads of your hubs. 126 uses M12x1.5 and Cinq/Sei use M12x1.25.

stuey

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1409
  • Karma: 14
  • Location: kings lynn
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »
s'true- I bought some lovely "fiat" chrome wheel bolts on ebay that where cinq pitch and learnt the hard way having to buy a new front hub....I learnt from my mistake so Y'all dont have to....
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »
That was very helpful. I did not realise. You learn something everyday. Many, many thanks for the information. Sorry, a dumb question but what does these letters and numbers mean. Does the "M" signify the screw/bolt thickness? Where do I get the bolts M12x1.5. Do I need longer bolt length for the alloys?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:27:34 PM by Amateb8 »

markymarc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 571
  • Karma: 0
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
I had this problem when I got my BIS as the last person had done this on "1" wheel so when I got it checked over by a good mechanic he had to get it helicoiled as I couldn't get a hub at the time.  The guy had also used bolts for steel wheels and they only had a couple of turns so could've been a dodgey drive back!!
I think it may depend on the alloy wheel but do believe they should have longer bolts.  I got the right size but they were too long so fouled the brakes and had to be cut down......all 16!!

marc

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
Hi Marc,
What thread length did you use?

Eklipze3k

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 632
  • Karma: 2
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
Cinq/Sei Sporting alloys are basically the same, my Sei's bolts have a 30mm shank.
The M12 refers to the width of the shank (usually M12 have 19mm heads), the 1.25 refers to how steep/shallow the pitch of the thread is. Last time I got bolts I got them from ebay.

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheel bolts
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »
i have 126 bolts and run cinq alloys have done for quite a while and so far the wheels have not fell off.