Author Topic: Alternator wanted  (Read 1539 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cos124

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: 0
Alternator wanted
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
Anyone out there has an Alternator for sale to suit the aircooled engine? I want to replace the Dynamo asap..... Let me know.

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Alternator wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »
It is not a straight swop as you need to change the fan cowling on that side of the tinware also. Then you will need to do a bit of a rewire job for the new system  :)

cos124

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: 0
Re: Alternator wanted
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:32:13 PM »
collecting the parts slowly to do a conversion during the hols. Thanks for the info. So the early cowling from the 126 won't do, because they used a dynamo tooo right? I will need to look out for the later ones then... I assumed wrongly that the 126 alternators as they had a "flange" that mounted on the side of the cyl block were a straight awap! I'm aware of the electrical mods. Many thanks.
So anyone out there with an alternator they wish to part with?

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Alternator wanted
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »
I will have a dig in my garage, i may have one ' I assume as you are from Essex we will see you Sunday'  :)

cos124

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: 0
Re: Alternator wanted
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »
Found one, so i'm sorted for now, many thanks for those who replied.