Author Topic: 126 Softtop wanted.  (Read 1616 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
126 Softtop wanted.
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
Hello,

Just as winter is upon us..... I thought someone might be wanting to part with their 126 softtop?  I have a nice warm dehumidified garage space waiting for the right car.

If I can't find a 126 Softtop I shall be buying an MG Midget (my wife wants a softtop to increase the fun factor next year :yikes) Please...... Someone.....

CUDHSO
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:22:36 AM by cudhso »
It boils but it doesn't whistle......

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: 126 Softtop wanted.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:21 AM »
 Do you mean one with a fold back sunroof?
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: 126 Softtop wanted.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
Midget it is then ;D

They were never made, many very dodgy bodges about though. Make sure the car can be legally used in the UK, chances are it can't.


stuey

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1409
  • Karma: 14
  • Location: kings lynn
Re: 126 Softtop wanted.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »
they ome up from time to time some better than other- i put a few bids on one on ebay once but missed out like this-

one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

cudhso

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Karma: 0
  • The BIS: An exercise in discovery learning.
Re: 126 Softtop wanted.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
I saw that one quite a while ago but was not in the market for one then.  I recall it was on for 2K.  That is the sort of thing I am looking for....

Richie
It boils but it doesn't whistle......