Author Topic: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW  (Read 3123 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
They knowingly sent the wrong mirrors! Then asked for a paper template to see whether they have something that matches the original mirrors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390334851483&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_2805wt_1141
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:09:12 PM by Amateb8 »

Blonde126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 167
  • Karma: 1
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »
Thanks for the warning - I was thinking of replacing the mirrors in mine as they've accumilated a border that now leaves about 5cm of visible mirror  :lol:

RicePuddin

  • Guest
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:54:54 AM »
I have that  mark on mine too. I was going to buy from him but his P&P charges were very expensive.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
They are offering a full refund once I  have returned the mirrors. I will be out of pocket for the postage.

michaelodonnell500

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
  • Karma: 7
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »
you should ask for a full refund inc postage. I ask whenever something is not as described and 9/10 times I get the postage refunded
Rust does not discriminate

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »
Will do. Many thanks.

I'll try to have a couple of mirrors cut to size from my local glazers/mirrors supplier. But, I am not sure whether they will cut mirrors to bespoke small sizes to fit the side mirror housing.  Perhaps if I get them to cut a couple of pairs, they might be keen to do it. If it can be done cheaply, I can give them away to forum members. I'll let you know what happens.

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:57:12 PM »
I'm avoiding e bay in general at the moment  ;D
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Aaron

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 232
  • Karma: 0
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:50:16 AM »
Geez glaziers must be far more cheaper in your part of the world.  When ever I've tried to do this over here it works out that the cut glass cost more than getting the complete replacement part.

I know 126fan has complete new mirrors for 15 euro each on his website.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
I got a full refund (incl pp)!