Author Topic: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero  (Read 9886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:32:42 PM »
I have seen limited edition 126 kit cars before but I am unfamiliar with this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-Car-Craft-Zero-/250848376851?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a67ba7813

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
Nice barbacue grille on the front  :$
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

thepuddlejumper

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 685
  • Karma: 2
  • Location: Scotland
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »
Lots of these cc zeros about a long time ago, I have an original brochure for the cc.

Ralph

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 12:01:11 AM »
 That one went to France at the end.
 There wont be many of them left in the UK. I think it was only 21 of them ever made.

 Here is a good reason why you would want to have one :P

 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:14:23 AM by 1973/126 »
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »
It looks like Noddy's car.

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
If those are Noddy's fans...I'm Noddy!
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »
Old post... but I found Noddy!



My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

DeVilleChris

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1217
  • Karma: 7
    • Club 126 UK
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:21:29 PM »
aha nice :D
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

baron_matt

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 0
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »
2CV headlamps I notice :-)

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 01:21:33 PM »
That's quite a radical makeover from the original CC Zero. Front wings, rear wings, front nose section, engine cover, even the dashboard, all have been changed. Are there any more details ? The car on eBay at the start of this post went to France, according to Ladislav, but this one clearly has the original UK registration so I am presuming this is probably NOT "Noddy". Where was it spotted? What details were given on the card shown in the photos? What was the event ?

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
 That one Poxxxy posted is definitely not a CCZero. It looks like a home made kit car to me. I don`t think even the chassis would be the same as the shock mounting points look different.
 I can`t see the car in the first link anymore, but that blue one is in Slovakia ;D
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »
Also, isn't the roll bar standard and integral on the CC Zero ? The car shown doesn't have one. Seems the registration is Guildford.

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 11:04:56 PM »
The one I posted is something someone had made, but the owner referred to it as "noddy" as his pet name I guess! Its not a CC Zero... it was based on a 650 personal air cooled 126, that's all I really know, just came across it at a show on the Isle of Wight. :).
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

drcdb15

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 511
  • Karma: 6
  • Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 11:38:36 PM »
Really? Being a Hampshire lad, and New Forest to boot, the island is like an old friend to me, and although I know its historic railways and museums, I can't recall EVER having heard of a classic car rally over there in the past 40 years or so - do tell, is this a new event? Does it have a name?

poxxxy

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 527
  • Karma: 0
Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »
I'm not sure how new/often the event is.. but I've managed to land on it for the past few years during September! Usually at Newport on the Saturday and then Ryde Esplanade on the Sunday...

Just found this: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/events/international-classic-car-show-p947201

So its in its 13th year :).
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90