Author Topic: Buying tyres 135/65/12  (Read 7356 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

blackpanther13

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 67
  • Karma: 0
Buying tyres 135/65/12
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
Hi,
Where do u normally buy these tyres? I tried the local garages but they couldn't help :(

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »
Hi hope you guys are OK since you paid me a visit. If you are looking for standard 126 tyres you should be asking for 135 R 12. I just checked some in my shed and I noticed that some makes add the 65 after the code but not sure of the significance as it is not the profile  :)

blackpanther13

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 67
  • Karma: 0
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »
Hi hope you guys are OK since you paid me a visit. If you are looking for standard 126 tyres you should be asking for 135 R 12. I just checked some in my shed and I noticed that some makes add the 65 after the code but not sure of the significance as it is not the profile  :)

Hi,
Thx. I hope someone is coming up with a company name who would deal with these tyres. We are fine, we have a daughter who was born on the 27th of May. :) Happy days!


ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:09:42 AM »
or mytyres.co.uk
like rusty says they are probably 135/80/12 and I can also confirm that some tyres have a 65 mark, which is nothing to do with the size of the tyre.

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »

[/quote]

Hi,
Thx. I hope someone is coming up with a company name who would deal with these tyres. We are fine, we have a daughter who was born on the 27th of May. :) Happy days!
[/quote]


Congratulations , I wondered how you guys got on  :)
The price difference between mrtyres & those other well known Fiat part suppliers is eye watering  :o
I have got 5 part worn 135s up in the shed ( green-fly likes to be informed about my stock  ;D )
I am just about to refit some 145 70 12 tyres to a set of rims. Just waiting for the tubeless valve fitting tool to arrive from eBay .

Pete126

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3369
  • Karma: 35
  • Location: West Yorkshire
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:51:43 AM »
126FAN guys do them from 30 Euros each in there shop under wheels, drop them a pm for the shipping costs :D
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »
Just waiting for the tubeless valve fitting tool to arrive from eBay .
What type of tubeless valve fitting tool are you getting, or an ebay link?  I am also after one ;)

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »
Chris , you know what I am like with computer tech so I have cut & paste the item title

PROFESSIONAL USE METAL TUBELESS TYRE VALVE PULLER TOOL

£2.79 and free postage   :D
I will let you know what it is like when it arrives.

Pete , have a look on Mrtyres , no need to go to Slovakia  ;)

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
The postman has just been and this item is a heavy duty bit of kit & it amazes me they can do these for that price as if I had to post it it would have been £1.23 just for the stamps. As a universal tool it is better suited to wider wheels with a deeper well but just by putting a small wooden block against the rim you get a good lever angle & hey presto valve fitted in seconds  :D
Now to get the rubber mallet out for some serious tyre fitting  ::)

drwheetos

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Karma: 1
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »
I have just been trying to get hold of some 135/80/12 for my 126 with little joy from the internet.  Alot of websites advetise them, you order them, they then tell you that that can not get hold of them! The only one I had any joy with was topgear.co.uk...they quoted as follows:
 
Please find below a list of budget and mid range tyres availible from europe,
 
TRAYAL T400 135/80/12 68T- £27.30 INC VAT EACH
 
DEBICA PASSIO 135/80/12 68T- £27.40 INC VAT EACH
 
SAVA EFFECTA 135/80/12 68T- £27.60 INC VAT EACH
 
FALKEN OHTSU 135/80/12 68T- £31.50 INC VAT EACH
 
DEBICA NAVIGATOR 135/80/12 68T- £39.90 INC VAT EACH

Hope this helps...

ChrisRLewis

  • Administrator
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1723
  • Karma: 25
    • Club126uk
  • Location: Swansea, UK
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
PROFESSIONAL USE METAL TUBELESS TYRE VALVE PULLER TOOL
£2.79 and free postage   :D

Cheers rusty just ordered one, seems a bargain!

blackpanther13

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 67
  • Karma: 0
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »
I have just been trying to get hold of some 135/80/12 for my 126 with little joy from the internet.  Alot of websites advetise them, you order them, they then tell you that that can not get hold of them! The only one I had any joy with was topgear.co.uk...they quoted as follows:
 
Please find below a list of budget and mid range tyres availible from europe,
 
TRAYAL T400 135/80/12 68T- £27.30 INC VAT EACH
 
DEBICA PASSIO 135/80/12 68T- £27.40 INC VAT EACH
 
SAVA EFFECTA 135/80/12 68T- £27.60 INC VAT EACH
 
FALKEN OHTSU 135/80/12 68T- £31.50 INC VAT EACH
 
DEBICA NAVIGATOR 135/80/12 68T- £39.90 INC VAT EACH

Hope this helps...


Sounds good!

Do you know if the minilite alloys would fit okay is it the right size and also 4x98 the distance?

drwheetos

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Karma: 1
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 07:14:45 AM »
I just bought a set of 12” minator (minilite copys) wheels from Midland Wheels for £375, that was with a set of 165/60/12 Falken tyres, wheel bolts and centre caps delivered!  I thought that was a pretty good deal.   They are 4x98 PCD (which I believe is standard for all Fiat/Lancia/Alfa etc…)

They fit perfectly with no rubbing.  The only thing that you have to “mod” is remove the original steel wheel alignment pin from the brake drum and fit a bolt in its place.

If your unsure what you want, give them a call, they are really helpful.

I will upload some pics when I get a minute.

blackpanther13

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 67
  • Karma: 0
Re: Buying tyres 135/65/12
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
I just bought a set of 12” minator (minilite copys) wheels from Midland Wheels for £375, that was with a set of 165/60/12 Falken tyres, wheel bolts and centre caps delivered!  I thought that was a pretty good deal.   They are 4x98 PCD (which I believe is standard for all Fiat/Lancia/Alfa etc…)

They fit perfectly with no rubbing.  The only thing that you have to “mod” is remove the original steel wheel alignment pin from the brake drum and fit a bolt in its place.

If your unsure what you want, give them a call, they are really helpful.

I will upload some pics when I get a minute.


Local garage will do the tyres for me. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the original painting from the wheels? That plastic coating type of thing as it seems to be very stubborn. Maybe someone knows some cruel staff... :)