Author Topic: Wanted - Wheel centre hub caps  (Read 1366 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Wanted - Wheel centre hub caps
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »
Thinking of refurbishing the old steelies, but she only has those nasty silver hub caps, i want the smaller black plastic ones that cover the centre of the wheel, think they fit all the designs? It's a late BIS model with the narrow wheel bolt pattern. Thanks

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Wanted - Wheel centre hub caps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
are you talking about the really small black platic hub caps that went on the fsm aircooled models? if so i may have some but are yellow so will have to be stripped or repainted i will have to have a look to see if i have them.

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Wanted - Wheel centre hub caps
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 06:29:41 PM »
Some time ago whilst travelling in the wilder south east regions I came across a strange man, a rough sort who growled and gruffed in an odd dialect which seemed to be mainly based on the words f***ing & sh*t . Taking pity on him I tried to help him sort out his collection of woolen beany hats but there were so many  :o
He said that he thought I had an honest face (and car) & if I "saw him alright" he would give me something golden. I gave him enough for a bottle of strong cider & a packet of polos to freshen his breath . In return he unfolded one of his wooley hats and gave me 4 golden discs which I still have to this day. Feeling kind & that in some way I had formed a bond I gave him the half eaten packet of cheese & onion crisps that had been in my glovebox for about 3 years. He seemed overcome & speachless as I drove away. I had not realised that he was disabled but I could clearly see in my rear view mirror, as he waved me farewell,  that he could only use one finger on one hand and two on the other  :o
I often wonder what happened to that strange creature , half man , half socket set  ;D ;D

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Re: Wanted - Wheel centre hub caps
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »
Haha that was great, thanks! So if i'm not mistaken, i've been offered a total of 8 caps, all in yellow?!  ???

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Wanted - Wheel centre hub caps
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
nope rusty has them!!