Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Club126UK
»
Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum
»
Meetings & Events
»
Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
2
[
3
]
4
5
Author
Topic: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June (Read 18250 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
markymarc
Super Member
Posts: 571
Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #30 on:
May 30, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
we will save you a place........................limited though, hell of a turnout i heard lol
marc
Logged
Rusty's Uncle
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 2837
Karma: 34
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #31 on:
June 02, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »
Will the weather and my exhaust hold ?
Darrell I guess you posted that link because of the chat we had about welding exhausts. Well the failure confirmed what I said before that the metal some of these exhausts are made from is very poor quality and all of my welds held up fine. Still I learnt a lesson , carrying out even minor mods is a waste of time as it is a bit like trying to build a castle on sand. Anyway I got another 126 exhaust down from the old loft , probably got it on eBay and have been having a bit of a 'mare with it ! It was the worst fitting exhaust I have ever had on a 500 or a 126. I managed to get one of the supprt brackets on after a massive struggle & have given up on the other one
Logged
markymarc
Super Member
Posts: 571
Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #32 on:
June 02, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
The time is coming to spruce up those 126s, 500s and the good old BISs and descend upon Stanford hall, hope to see you all there guys and girls? Do we have a final list of names?
marc
Logged
Dr Moose
Member
Posts: 43
Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #33 on:
June 02, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
Aye! You have my
sword
... 126!
Logged
Unleashing the Inner Teenager since 1988 (and now especially in POG!)
bis13
Super Member
Posts: 2749
Karma: 39
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #34 on:
June 03, 2011, 09:24:31 AM »
rusty be very carefull using just one bracket as it will just send all the stress and vibrations to the one bracket and that will fail, the best results ive had of late is to make my own brackets using some 5mm flat steel so much more up for the job than the crap on the market.
Logged
Darrell
Super Member
Posts: 1715
Karma: 4
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #35 on:
June 03, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
I agree with Mick.
ANY room to vibrate will result in a broken exhaust.
I have run the same exhaust now for 3 years. I make sure the clamp is 100% tight, it needs to be clamped right down onto the silencer.
Give it an opportunity to rattle itself to bits and it will.
Logged
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village
K666STW
Super Member
Posts: 110
Karma: 0
704cc of pure fury.
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #36 on:
June 03, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »
After destroying the head on the panda coming home from st andrews. We are now taking the 126 to stanford. See you guys there.
Logged
Draigflag
Super Member
Posts: 374
Karma: 0
Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #37 on:
June 03, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
Might be going in my Abarth 500 with the Abarthforum, but i'll try and pop along and see your beautiful 126's/500's etc!
Logged
Click here to see a HD video of my 126 BIS!
green-fly
Super Member
Posts: 155
Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #38 on:
June 03, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »
Sounding good guys! Hope you get sorted Uncle..sounds like a testing time and a long journey if you do make it! Looking forward to catching up with you all..don't forget to take the second gate for display rather than parking areas and mention Phil Ward if you need to as he said he could find us an area to park up together.. he asked to put mine in the concours display but I'll see..
Thanks for 'getting out there'!
Logged
dajwid
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 2932
Karma: 14
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #39 on:
June 03, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
If I make it along, I can bring some old garage junk for you to buy
Logged
markymarc
Super Member
Posts: 571
Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #40 on:
June 03, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
Lets beat the "6" of Brooklands ??!!
Logged
1973/126
Super Member
Posts: 1753
Karma: 23
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #41 on:
June 03, 2011, 10:44:15 PM »
I really wanted to do this show, and the car is actually booked in for an MOT tomorrow morning. Unfortunately it`s not looking promising as I`m having a nightmare with the brakes.
«
Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:50:40 PM by 1973/126
»
Logged
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126
Amateb8
Subscribers
Super Member
Posts: 2148
Karma: 8
Location: London
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #42 on:
June 03, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
I shall definitely be there. I might take the GTV due to lack of use. If I do, I shall be with the AROC area. Or I might decide to bring the 126 as planned, mmmmm.
Logged
green-fly
Super Member
Posts: 155
Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #43 on:
June 04, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »
There's only one choice!
Logged
Rusty's Uncle
Subscriber VIP+
Super Member
Posts: 2837
Karma: 34
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
«
Reply #44 on:
June 04, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
OK you guys have twisted my arm and I managed to get the second exhaust bracket on , sort of
Plus the front main support for the sunroof had taken a turn for the worst and had massive corrosion to the extent that the near side section had parted company with the main structure and fliped up at the front above 30 mph so a rain shower would have been a real problem. So sorted that today as well and green-fly you will be pleased to hear that I had a brand new one in my trusty loft
Logged
Print
Pages:
1
2
[
3
]
4
5
« previous
next »
Club126UK
»
Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum
»
Meetings & Events
»
Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June