Author Topic: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June  (Read 18261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

green-fly

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
Excellent! ..that's 2 of us,maybe 3 if marc comes along!

markymarc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 571
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »
Well Mr clooney.........I can tell you now that if the weather is good I will be there and Im sure "foca" will manage the 131 miles to get there no problem!!

Lets hope for a better turn out, maybe you boys further north will show us southern nancy boys how to make an effort?!

marc x

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »
I'll be going to this event as well. Ciaoflyer lives locally, so he might be come along to the event.

green-fly

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »
Thats great guys, nice one..marc-we need to find ur double so being the size of schwarzenegger ...Arnie it is then! :D

markymarc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 571
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
I'd like to think myself more of a Frank Zane kind of statue...........whos he I hear you cry?!

marc

markymarc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 571
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
Not long now guys, lets hope for the same weather as Brooklands (with less dust)

Are the 126s that "may" go intending to be there early?  If so what time do gates open?

marc

green-fly

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »
hey guys, i spoke to one of the organisers (Phil Ward) and he's said he can arrange an area for our 126's alongside the river, so anyone going should tell the marshalls you're displaying rather than land up in the parking fields next door!  gates open at 8:30 so i'll hopefully be there by 9..If you've never been its a lovely setting so fingers crossed for the weather!  Lets make it a good un  :D :D

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
OK I am hoping to give this one a go . I have got a slipping clutch at the moment but pretty sure it is down to oil from the gearbox getting on to it. Planning to do a 90 mile round trip in the morning so that should be a good test  ::)

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »
Hoping to pop along, I :$ will be the 126 club member in the Skoda Fabia  :(

Car Certainly won't be ready for a few months yet. ( Or maybe I am just too fussy).

green-fly

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 155
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 09:33:20 PM »
Frank Zane is quite ripped still! pecced up pensioner! ;D

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »
Set off this morning and noticed a distinct change in the exhaust note after about a quarter of a mile so pulled over and discovered that i had no exhaust tail pipe anymore. So went back and and recovered the missing bit. Shall I carry on I thought, answer yes, only another eighty-nine and three quarter miles to go.  :$
The tailpipe had sheared away including the internal baffle in the exhaust so the noise was a bit like a Subaru firing on two cylinders  ;D
Anyway made the round trip and had some clutch slip but If I sort the exhaust I reckon that Stamford Hall is on   :)
Will post in the tuning section about the reason for my morning trip.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:59:11 PM by Rusty's Uncle »

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Dr Moose

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 06:04:38 PM »
I'll be there, about noon, even if with only one wing-mirror! :$
Unleashing the Inner Teenager since 1988 (and now especially in POG!)

markymarc

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 571
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:05 PM »
Shall we all make a concerted effort to get there early and all park along side each other, for the perfect photo opportunity for big Autoitalia feature!!

marc

Dr Moose

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Karma: 0
Re: Stanford Hall, Auto Italia 5th June
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
Wish I could, but I'm working until 11ish...
Unleashing the Inner Teenager since 1988 (and now especially in POG!)