Author Topic: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED  (Read 2291 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

puck304

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
Hi, does any one have any steel wheels, mine struggle to keep a tyre inflated as they're old and rusty!  ;D

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:52:20 AM »
Are you running inner tubes as the wheels were designed for  ???

moo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Karma: 0
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »
Pretty sure I have a full set here in Bristol ::) Will double check when I get a chance (they're taking up space down at my folks  ;D ) and get back to you [-/

puck304

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »
Hi, no there's no inner tubes, there weren't when I got the car. I didn't think they were meant to have them :o

puck304

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
Thanks Moo, I'm in Bournemouth. That'd be great if you have. [-/

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
All of the aircooled 126s I have had all had Tubes & Tyres fitted and that included a quite late FSM model.
There is nothing about it in any of the manuals as far as I can see. The Bis had tubeless from what I remember.
I am not sure if it is a continental thing or anything to do with the integrety of the wheel rim?

puck304

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
I think I'd better get myself some inner tubes then! [-/

moo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Karma: 0
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »
Hey Puck, just been down to check and.... I have 3 wheels </*
The tyres that are on them are would-be-as-new Toyo's ( I say 'would be', they've been on the wheels for the nearly 4 years I've had them plus however long the car had been stood up for before - quite a while!!!). Despite being sat around, they still have plenty of pressure in them, so I imagine if they needed inner tubes then they're there too.
If you want 'em, come get 'em (or send someone else, or....)  [-/
If you don't want 'em because there are only 3... anyone else want them???

puck304

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
Re: WHEELS FOR AIRCOOLED
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »
Thanks Moo, but I think I'm going to get some inner tubes - I didn't know the wheels were meant to have them - prob why the tyres keep going down! Thanks though  [-/