Author Topic: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!  (Read 4670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »
In Barnsley? so it was bought and no registration has been done and no mot?

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »
Mmmmm

There must be a reason, looks great though.

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »
Sounds like it is becoming a right pain in the *** to get a car registered.

£400 is a bargain for that one, especially with such a nice interior and floorless paintwork!
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
I remember all the hassle trying to get my Polish VW Camper registered, in the end I gave up and put it on Ebay.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:37:08 PM by dajwid »

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
 Registering in the UK is not a problem at all. I`ve got vehicles registered here before which is no way I would have ever been able to register back home (with no documents whatsoever).
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »
He says it needs new brakepipes for the mot, maybe the tester found something else and advised him accordingly? I suspect the welding to the crossmember drew some attention.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
Fiatfsm, not wanting to be the one that said 'told you so'  ;D

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 06:49:36 PM »
Well  :-X

Still looking for a mint 126, it is so hard these days :P
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 09:38:12 PM »
the cross member is an easy fix if you can be bothered to do it properly just seems like a waste of time buying a car and then doing nothing with it then selling it on again its not as if anything has been done to make it more sellable or valuable or am i just missing something? 

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 10:23:21 PM »
Maybe he bought the car assuming the car was 'as new', and it really looks nice but underneath was not as pretty.

A new coat of paint can hide a lot.
New engine was added, new interior, all very nice.
Personally I'm not a fan of the plastic arches, banded steel wheels are great although stretched tyres always look strange to me.
I can't understand what the problem is with the brakes, Jan never did them and said they needed doing, the new owner hasn't done them.

I see the seller has another 126 too, the red one parked behind it.....

Must be a member, come on own up who are you?????
 :)



Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »
Is it a case of more 'inspiration' than 'perspiration'?

I saw the 'dodgy welding' personally I think Jan made a mountain out of a mole hill of it. The welding on my sills is far worse bird sh*t but sins covered with underdeal  :oops: Welding upside-down on a miserable day :oops:
bis13 is 100% correct, I'd rather be buggering about under the car with a welder than on the top bodywork where everything needs to be very pretty.
Brake pipes? ...less than a days work! Copper pipe kits available and even braided hoses [-/

But the more one tries to explain about the welding, the more it gets mentioned so I give-up.

Will be watching it, if the bidding goes do-lally I wont be in though, pretty 126's can surprise me with what they go for. Also want to know if anything has been swapped.
Just a thought, I wonder if Jan got the customs paid certificate for it as when I brought my xs1100 in, because I had been in this country for 2 years I had to pay duty (40%) if my memory is correct.
If I had put it in a crate when I left it'd have been duty free :- I guess to be sitting on brittish soil it'd have to have been cleared.
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
 I`m not sure how it works exactly with duty, but the car came from a European country, so I guess the law is slightly different and in a case of old cars(I think over ten years)you don`t pay any import duty. Don`t take my word for it though!
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
My problem was the car was made before Poland was in the EU, so registration was not as straight forward as I had been told.


1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 04:23:55 PM »
 It is still possible. I did register a CZ three wheeler which was made in former Czechoslovakia. It was made in 1962 and didn`t have any paperwork, only a VIN plate and a frame number. In this case you need a certificate from manufacture to proof when the vehicle was made. In my case this had to be done through a Jawa CZ club, as the manufacture doesn`t exist any more. MOT+Insurance+Some import forms for DVLA and a check for £55,-. The trike also had to be inspected by DVLA(they didn`t know what they looking at anyway). After all this, it was properly registered on an age related plate. Takes longer, but it`s possible. I`m in the process to get my 1950 Jawa 250 registered at the mo. Same story....
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126