Author Topic: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS  (Read 7752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
sorry you didnt get it barrie.

Draigflag

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 374
  • Karma: 0
  • Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:48 PM »
Wow, a very lucky person who ever bought this. What a beaut. If I'd have spotted it earlier, i might have been tempted as Chester is only an hour away from me! It's weird, my drive looks the same, a Red 126 with a new white 500 too! (although mines an Abarth!)

BTW, I really want some steelies like this, where can i get some? And will they fit an 89 BIS?

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »
Sorry Barrie, I'm the guilty party - I've been a long term lurker on the forum, waiting for the right air-cooled car to come along and this was it. Never seen such a solid 126 before - the bodyshell and paintwork are completely original and the only bit of rot I could find was on the bottom corner of the o/s/f wing where it meets the front panel. The test-drive didn't get off to a good start as the car was misfiring and cutting out, plus the passenger seat collapsed on me, but a quick fiddle with the points cured the misfire and I was sold! Collecting it next week, once it's safely down South I'll report back (and ask for some advice about fixing the seat back mechanism...)
mike from Harrow

bis13

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2749
  • Karma: 39
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »
well done mike welcome aboard!

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
Yes, well done... Im glad it turned out to be a goodun :D
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »
Well done on your purchase and welcome. The car was and still is mouth watering. I have not seen anything in this condition for a long time. Please send some pics.!

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »
Thanks everyone - with a bit of luck it will be safely in my garage by tomorrow evening. As soon as I've stopped grinning I'll say hello properly with some pics in the new members section!

Rusty's Uncle

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2837
  • Karma: 34
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »
Hi , you are not too far away from me & I would love to have a look at the car when you get it  [-/

midvillesb

  • Subscriber VIP+
  • Super Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 173
  • Karma: 2
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 08:43:16 AM »
It's here! Proper posts to follow this evening when I've reclaimed the computer from my kids...

Rusty, one of my sisters in law lives in Chesham (Franchise St) so I'm often there - I'll give you a shout next time I go in the 126, it would be great to see your 500.

fiatfsm

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: 2
Re: SELLING MINT AIRCOOLED AFTER 7 YEARS
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »
Look forward to seeing some more pics of her, you lucky lucky man :cry:
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!