Author Topic: CHEAP!!  (Read 3722 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14

Amateb8

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2148
  • Karma: 8
  • Location: London
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »
They also sell a cheap head gasket for the 126 Bis as well. Ricambio sell them for a lot more but I noticed that the packaging is different. Ricambio's version has a Fiat logo on it but not the cheaper version. Is it the case, what is the expression, "what you pay is what you get"?

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
Or certain companies are putting massive mark up on parts that cost very little ;)


ypsilon_lancar

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: 0
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:56:21 PM »
I've never known certain companies over charging for 126 and 500 parts  :P

Exaust bolts four for £18   :yikes:

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
This has always been my grumble. Prices in Poland are used then multplied by 5 some times 10. Original Fiat it may say, but Fiat have not made these cars for a couple of years ;) lots of the stuff is Polish anyway.

Not knocking the firms as they offer a good service but 'some' have a very very good mark up.

Remember a ticket to Poland is only £30-40 return  :D

edsaysyes

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
Any parts you need I will ask my friend in Warsaw as I am currently building up a stock of spares for myself. All it will cost you is Polish price plus postage I can get you any prices before you say yes to ordering parts. I am also there every few weeks myself so never hesitate to ask.  Might cost you a cup of tea if we ever meet up in the UK  Ed

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »
So you know what I mean, I go over often, prices in the UK are really over inflated. How large are the bits you could bring back?

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
I'm after a 650 aircooled engine complete  :oops:
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

ypsilon_lancar

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: 0
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:24:16 PM »
I can't blame them for the high mark up, i blame the lack of competition for them in the UK. I should set up my own 500 and 126 parts shop, must be some demand in Yorkshire (Although i havent seen another 126 whilst i've had mine!!!)

edsaysyes

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 80
  • Karma: 0
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »
If anyones interested I can put together a price list of the parts I have access to through my contact in Warsaw or else just message me with any specific enquiries

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
 Talking about over priced products, I came across this. Not sure if this is a miss print, or the price is for real ???

 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brake-Master-Cylinder-Fiat-850T-900T-E-/380197714168?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58858cb8f8
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Alex

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: 2
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »
i think thats outrageous!
if thats not a misprint then he should hang his head in shame,  >:( >:( >:(

ypsilon_lancar

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: 0
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »
If anyones interested I can put together a price list of the parts I have access to through my contact in Warsaw or else just message me with any specific enquiries

A list would be fantastic!

ypsilon_lancar

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: 0
Re: CHEAP!!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 02:38:32 PM »
Must be a misprint as they have another for £55, still its more than i paid for one on the Intergrale!!