Author Topic: 126 Bambino  (Read 7204 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dajwid

  • Subscribers
  • Super Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2932
  • Karma: 14
Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
For a person so keen on selling the cars, I am suprised he hates them so much. Bidding is well over £2000 so I suppose he is doing something right.

As a late 126, the rust will certainly come through, as a 10 year old car this must have a been a 'Happy End' Unless is wasn't really a 2000 car. but I am sure this seller wouldn't 'fibb' :)

1973/126

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1753
  • Karma: 23
  • Location: Tunbridge Wells
Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »
 Finished on £3100,- I`m shocked.
 
 Darrell your reply really made me laugh [-/

1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:38 AM »
I shall remember that price when my wife tells me I have more money than brains to spend anything on my 126  :P
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

ypsilon_lancar

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: 0
Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »
I do like some bits on that car. I love the idea of a gear shift gate plate thing. The amount of times iv gone for 4th and got 2nd is unreal, or my other trick of "why wont it go into 5th???!!!"  :oops:

I like the gutter trims, is there anywhere i can get me some of those? The speedo head is a bit chav though!!!

Darrell

  • Super Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1715
  • Karma: 4
    • facebook profile
Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:28 AM »
When a 126 engine is on song and revving away, the engine moves quite a bit...so does the gearbox.

Twice now I have seen it happen at Retro Rides on the track where 3rd becomes illusive. It has happened to me often too.
I think a brace/mounting of some sort to try limit the rocking of the engine would resolve this but the gear gate and gutter trims are available from ricambi fiat 500 or Ricambio I think.
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

bath126p

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 45
  • Karma: 0
Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »
Nice wheels, but that's it.

I can't see any special edition Fiat being fitted with Rover Mini bumpers, but there you go.

He can have my ELX as a base if he's making £1500 on each one... that'll be £1600 for me thank you!

All joking aside, I wouldn't sell it to him.