Back in Oct09 i blew the motor in my TC Cortina. That was OK since i'd done close to 100K Klm since i built it in 95. It split the bore on no1 cylinder when it pinged violently. The dizzy wasnt all the best and the loose cap caused it advance to far and cause the pinging.
The new motor's results are quite good. I managed to get 443hp and 515ft/lbs, and 340bhp on the chassis dyno. This is all from standard castings ie: heads, and a cc increase to 347. An old sports sedan engine builder advised me on every step of the build. I advised him this morning on the figures and he said that the most he got out of that combo was 450/520 so I'm pleased as punch.
I'm picking it up this morning after spending $700.00 on running it in and getting it dyno tuned. Pics this arvo
Cheers
Dan